Topic: What sets do you recommend for people with very little LEGO?

So I've just got into stop-motion animation, but i have very little LEGO so i'm in the market to buy a few sets, probably second hand. (15 star wars mini-figs a speeder bike and a large base plate do far.) I would also like to keep it to the star wars theme, so what sets should i buy that would make great film sets?  (i have about £75(i am aware this may not get me far))

Re: What sets do you recommend for people with very little LEGO?

I suggesting buying sets of bulk bricks to start out. You can then use those for anything you like then instead of having a prebuilt set. I would also suggest buying some more baseplates. I also suggest buying some LEGO vehicles.

Yeah what LASF said. The LEGO Pick a Brick store, has bulk bricks and pieces, but also (If you haven't heard of it) Bricklink. They have all the pieces and it can be cheaper than PaB.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

A good set to start with is the BUILDERS OF TOMORROW set (#6177, about $30 US) and some of the buckets with the generic pieces (bricks, wheels, roofs, tiles, windows & doors).  You'll have lots fo the basics and be able to build a lot without spending too much.  Also, look at yard sales and post an ad in your local trade paper.  That's how I scored some classic sets in a 44 qt tub, and 80+ minifigures, all for $40.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

I'd definitely recommend going to the Pick-a-Brick wall in a LEGO store (if you happen to live near one) and getting cups of bricks there.  If you pack them cleverly, you can get loads of bricks for a very good price.  Also check out the minifig-builder things in the store too, sometimes they have some pretty rare minifig parts.  I went to one today in fact, and I--literally--got hundreds of bricks from a large PaB cup for £11, and some rare/expensive Star Wars torsos (Death Star Trooper, a new one from the newest Old Republic set I think).  I also saw Doc Brown's torso from the new Cuusoo DeLorean set, and Padme's torso from the new Episode II Republic Dropship set there as well (I probably should have picked up those as well, but oh well....).

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive