Topic: another small question

im just wondering how do you change under where your avatar is it says "member, moderator, administrator" some people have a customized thing do you need to be a moderator to do it?

http://i.snag.gy/E3VvB.jpg
"Right. He deserves for it to not display right" — Sméagol
YouTube | Google+ | Vimeo | Flickr | Twitter

Re: another small question

Yes.

I have seen some people do it that aren't admins/mods. For example, Sean. He isn't a mod, yet he has his own customized name.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

I have seen some people do it that aren't admins/mods. For example, Sean. He isn't a mod, yet he has his own customized name.

He was a mod. If you're demoted and a have a custom title, it stays.

aww man i wanted a custom title

http://i.snag.gy/E3VvB.jpg
"Right. He deserves for it to not display right" — Sméagol
YouTube | Google+ | Vimeo | Flickr | Twitter

Oh, I understand.

It seems as if the people who are beta testers (go to the User list, click on the arrow in the box next to "Show users from group", select "Beta Tester", hit "Submit user criteria") can have custom roles. I don't know if they can change their own or a mod changes it for them.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Personally, while I have absolutely no problem with titles/names being so exclusive, I'd rather a system like Eurobricks* where mods can grant titles based on defining traits, great statements, completely stupid posts, or something that for one reason or the other needs to be immortalized. It's a fun little thing, rare enough to be desired, but common enough to give hope to integrated members. It's also great fun.

*Some of those gathered there aren't exactly that clean, but most are fine. Just as a warning.

But still, I don't know all the programming/coding behind all of that, so said system may be too hard to integrate here.

Same here, Pritch. However, the mods/admins would have to think of a nickname/customised name/whatever you'd like to call it for everyone who joined. It's rare for someone to have that much creativity.

But, if I had a customised name, I think I'd like it to be "Far and Wide". I don't know if that has anything to do with me. But, it just sounds cool.

No, just as random fun thing for the privileged few. Kinda like the community thread is now.
Normal members would have the 'member' name like now, and most everybody would be like that. But if a mod wanted to inflict reward a member with something special, funny or memorable then he could. 90% of Eurobricks members don't have a title, and it could be the same here. It's special, not just everybody gets one, but if you're integrated and a good part of the community, then you very well may get one in time.
Got it now?

Also, the point is that members don't and can't choose their own, you're only at the mercy of the fun-loving mods. mini/wink

Oh yeah, I understand now.