Topic: BRAWL 2013 - Lookout

Directory Link

BRAWL 2013 - Lookout

YouTube

This is an entry to the BRAWL 2013 Contest.

Behind the Scenes Pictures

Last edited by twickabrick (August 3, 2013 (05:48pm))

Re: BRAWL 2013 - Lookout

This is a brilliant entry!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

The animation is so smooth and fluid.  It's so good that it hurts.

So far, this is by far the best entry I've seen in terms of animation and atmosphere.

The moving ocean is just amazing! The animation is so smooth too!

I think you got another BRAWL victory coming your way.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Love the brick-built backgrounds!
They're unique and look pretty cool.
The animation is good, and the forced-perspective tricks are done nicely.
Thing is, it feels like only the opening to a short, and not the full thing.

Perhaps a Part 2 is in order?

That was just amazing. Although I have to agree with Pritchard, it seems kind of unfinished.

It's still amazing, though. You definitely have a good shot at winning. mini/wink

Everything was done so well. What you included and what you didn't include made for the perfect little vignette. Well done.

Another great film, twickabrick! The animation is good, and I really liked what you did with the story (or for that matter, the lack there of). It made me really want more out of it, in a good way. Maybe you could deliver a sequel in BRAWL '14?

Looking at the behind the scenes pictures, I found it interesting how you constructed the camera and lookout supports. I would have thought you'd have used a tripod, but I like how you're committed to keeping every aspect of your film purely LEGO.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

I don't actually feel like this film needs anything more.
It feels more like it's intended that the lookout and everyone dies shortly so it doesn't actually need to be shown since you can already assume that it happens.  Plus the cut at the end it really cool and dramatic. I like it quite a lot.
As much as I do enjoy a good pirate battle, or watching anything animated by you, I do think that it's cooler this way.

Liked it a lot. Really like how you keep every thing in shot and lego. We need a sequel.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

I'm really happy that you guys are still animating from time to time. You guys still manage to get me to ask just how the hell you manage to pull off some of the things you do with the animation and camerawork. The film itself sort of feels like the intro to a larger film, but the atmosphere and tension are all there (and the payoff with the title at the end was nicely done).

Also, kudos to you on sticking with the QC4000, it's a pretty timeless aesthetic that inspires a lot of nostalgia in me. mini/smile

Thanks for all the feedback! On the subject of a sequel: my brother and I don't really see that happening. While I'm happy that people want to see more from this story, and I have ideas of where the story could go, I'm not really sure if this story should be continued. Right now I think it's better if we just leave whatever happens afterwards a mystery. Also, a sequel would probably (at least right now) not be technically feasible.