Topic: "The Deadly Mission" (A brickfilm about corpses, fighting, and sqeaky voices)

Directory Link

"The Deadly Mission" (A brickfilm about corpses, fighting, and sqeaky voices)

Veiw the video on YouTube

A agent has to arrest a criminal In New York city during the 1940s, but things soon spiral out of control.I threw this video together in about a months time, so its no exactly perfect, but feel free to leave comments and criticism!

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Re: "The Deadly Mission" (A brickfilm about corpses, fighting, and sqeaky voices)

THIS IS PURE GOLD. mini/lol

I love it, the comedy is spot-on, the use of black and white beckons back to the silent era comedies, and the hilariously outrageous scenarios play out beautifully.

There is a lot of prop bumping and light flicker, but it really doesn't distract that much from the overall feel.
Gotta say, this was great, and my favorite shot was the one starting at 2:06. The mini-scale buildings are well made, the dark lighting looked nice, and the ending of that shot was one of the best bits.

You've got the scripting/planning process down well, now you just need to finish polishing the production phase.

Re: "The Deadly Mission" (A brickfilm about corpses, fighting, and sqeaky voices)

Hahaha, that was great! mini/bigsmile The animation was good, and I think you had a very funny storyline. I particularly liked the fight scene which was was very well done!

Your best film yet!!! I laughed at a few scenes!

Good job! Some of the scenes were amazingly hilarious! As mentioned before, there were a few set bumps, most notably in the shot where the sectretary was using the typewriter. Part from that, not much to complain about! For a month worth of work this is outstanding! mini/smile

There's some great laughs in there! The animation was really smooth, but a little too smooth. A little too fast, also. But, this is a great film!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

This is the absolute best thing ever. Don't let nobody ever tell you otherwise gurl.

Seriously though this was just a barrel of fun, not had this much fun watching a brickfilm in a while.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Dude! you've improved a TON!

the animation and lighting is like such a giant step up from your previous stuff, not to mention it was a really funny deal! good work! wow! The only thing i think could improve it a little more is if you had different voice actors for each part, rather than doing every single part yourself, i dunno! good work!!

Really impressed!!

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Thanks for the feed back!

@Pritchard Studios:

Thanks! As far as the set bumps, I plan on trying harder to secure everything down. Its taken me four years the learn the ropes of the trade, but I think I almost got the most important stuff down. Now I just got to take care of the little things like light flicker and set bumping...of course even then I won't exactly be "professional".

@SurfSmurf778:

I think the main reason for all the bumping in that part was that I got lazy and just looped the clip mini/tongue . I thought it looked so terrible, I promised myself never to loop a clip again.

@Mickey:

Thank you! But could you expand a little bit on "too fast"?

@Just Kidden:

I understand what you mean with the voice acting, I mainly do it myself to save time (cheap excuse).  I had you voice act for me with the "Egypt" video because my mic was broken, and Kilian voiced in this one because he doing his lines for "Canine Park".  With my bigger projects to come, I have every intention of getting other voice actors though. 

@Everyone:

Ich danke Ihnen allen für die Komplimente und Kritik! Ich schätze wirklich Antworten!

I agree with jstudios. I haven't been this entertained by a brick film in awhile. This is how brick films should be made all the time. How long did this take you PushOver?

GHB wrote:

I agree with jstudios. I haven't been this entertained by a brick film in awhile. This is how brick films should be made all the time. How long did this take you PushOver?

This video took a month to make completely...but I worked as fast as possible, as much as possible. I uploaded this the night I finished it. mini/smile

Great job, you did such a good job with the humor. mini/lol  I loved the black and white, it really gave it a cool feel. Your animation quality was not to bad, and the light flicker (what there was) fit in with the feel of the movie.
Overall, this was the most entertaining movie I have seen in some time, great job. mini/wink

Liked it. Story is good. Some of the cinematography could use some work. Thought The set in the part ware he slides down the are vent could have ben tiled.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

can you explain or show how did you exactly make the head of typewriter move that way when she is typing? Is that brick simply loose, sitting on 2X1 flat, no studs tile and  not connected to the rest of the typewriter, and you just move it, or was it somehow connected to the rest of the typewriter?
Thanks

ThaukaFilms wrote:

can you explain or show how did you exactly make the head of typewriter move that way when she is typing? Is that brick simply loose, sitting on 2X1 flat, no studs tile and  not connected to the rest of the typewriter, and you just move it, or was it somehow connected to the rest of the typewriter?
Thanks

It was not connected. I put it on a flat "Grill" plate.

Here is a video of where I got the type writer design from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ln9MKLxl6U

I should probably credit him somewhere. mini/lol