Topic: Google Plus (what?)

YouTube has now forced me (and probably also many of you) to merge your accounts with Google+. If it hasn't already, it's a matter of days, if not hours.

Oh goody.

What are everyone's thoughts on Google's latest attempts to suppress channel individuality and promote their lame social networking site?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: Google Plus (what?)

It had me do that yesterday, but it gave me the option to undo it and go back to a normal account. So right now, I'm indifferent.

Also, this probably should have been posted in the "YouTube" discussion thread, as that is where all youtube related things are supposed to be discussed.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Google+ is Facebook - which makes it completely pointless since I already have a Facebook.

We live in an age where everyone is just ripping each other off instead of innovating - forgetting that if we already have one thing then we have absolutely no use for the other.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Youtube's tried this a lot with me, however I always found that you can just press a (albeit very hidden) "no thanks" button.

I never got this or I just didn't know I did because the "No Thanks" button is very popular with Google's suggestions

I haven't had this happen to me yet, but what really annoys me is that whenever I check my emails (I use Gmail), I automatically get logged on to my YouTube account (or vice versa).  I really wish I'd created a separate e-mail address for my YT account now.  And don't even get me started on those supremely irritating "change your channel name to your real name!" messages.  (No, I'm perfectly happy with my username!  If I wanted to use my real name I would have done so in the first place!)  Pretty much every single change made to YT recently has ranged from annoying to stupid to dangerous--merging accounts together like this makes everyone a lot more vulnerable to hackers.  It seems to me that the designers at Google are incapable of realizing that some people might want to keep their accounts separate... or is something more sinister at play here? mini/shifty [/ConspiracyTheoristRant]

Well, I went off on a tangent there, and am going pretty off topic, so I'll shut up now...

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive