Topic: The Orange-Green War Continues

Directory Link

The Orange-Green War Continues

YouTube

As the war between the colors Green and Orange intensifies, many Figurians are joining the fight against their will because of the color of their clothing. Will Zundar succumb to his Green demons?

Part 7 of 7 of Chapter 2: Robots!

I put in 74 hours of animating time, my assistant animators put in an additional 11 hours of time. The Eye of Eyes in particular took forever to animate, I pre-planned every frame for her in Excel.

Re: The Orange-Green War Continues

I love it, David! A perfect finale to Chapter 2! Tensions grow in the Orange-Green War, and both sides are becoming more and more stronger. They try to prove that their colour dominates the other! There's no end in sight, and the war rages on...

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Absolutely genius, I loved the part where the legshark started to eat the chain, the animation quality was just amazing. The eye of eyes was also really well animated! I also loved to see Zunder turn kinda wacky, it made me like the character much more.

I would LOVE to see a huge battle between orange and green (almost like a medieval battle with the two armies charging at each other), of course that's just something I would like to see mini/tongue

Great job! You are one of the best brickfilmers in history.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Zundar is the best character.  I love him so much.  His animation was especially fluid here.

PushOverProductions wrote:

Absolutely genius, I loved the part where the legshark started to eat the chain, the animation quality was just amazing. The eye of eyes was also really well animated! I also loved to see Zunder turn kinda wacky, it made me like the character much more.

I would LOVE to see a huge battle between orange and green (almost like a medieval battle with the two armies charging at each other), of course that's just something I would like to see mini/tongue

Great job! You are one of the best brickfilmers in history.

Thanks for your kind words! I am always trying to top my previous videos. Glad to know that this made you like Zundar more mini/smile

I'm trying to figure out how I can do justice to the massive scale of the Orange-Green war without committing to a massive battle sequence that could take years to animate mini/dizzy

Squid wrote:

Zundar is the best character.  I love him so much.  His animation was especially fluid here.

Well the last time I animated him was three years prior, so that just goes to show how my technique has improved in that time mini/smile

As always, highly impressive.  I love the very fluid animation here, especially the Eye of Eyes.  Zundar and the Legshark were really nicely done as well (especially the Legshark eating the chain, and Zundar's brick-built effects--they look infinitely better than the CGI most brickfilmers seem to use today.)  I also really liked the voices, especially Zundar's, as it gets more maniacal as the report progresses....  I can't wait till Chapter 3! (Any idea when it will be released?)

Also, what is that thing the Orange pilot guy with the red cape is trying to pull out of the rocks at 3:17 before he takes off his clothes?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

I can't wait till Chapter 3! (Any idea when it will be released?)

Also, what is that thing the Orange pilot guy with the red cape is trying to pull out of the rocks at 3:17 before he takes off his clothes?

Thanks for the compliments! Easy question first: the orange pilot guy is one of my Kickstarter backers who wrote a graphic novel and asked that his minifig cameo be based on that. So this shot in my animation is supposed look like the cover of the graphic novel. So it was supposed to look like a brick-built sword. I'm realizing now that the epaulette should have faced the other direction. Oops!

As for Chapter 3... I want to try a drastically different production model. My current idea is to do a Kickstarter campaign this fall/winter to raise enough money so that I can hire an animator to help me animate it next summer. Ideally this would be a college student who could dedicate themselves to this during summer break under my guidance.  This should allow us to animate the bulk of chapter 3 all in one go and then we could set it up to release one segment a month throughout the fall and winter or something like that. I think this would be preferable to the current model of me sneaking animation time in during evening and weekends over the course of several years and constantly pushing back the release dates. Thoughts?

Thanks!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."