Topic: A Trip to BrickFlix

Directory Link

A Trip to BrickFlix

Youtube Page

This Video is proud to promote the BrickFlix Festival in Durham, North Carolina.

Re: A Trip to BrickFlix

Bravo bud super super film.
Loved it.
Giving you 5 stars and subbed your
YouTube channel.

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

Bravo bud super super film.
Loved it.

Thank You!

This was pretty good overall! I liked the variety of voice actors! The only thing I really dislike about it is that the story seemed rather flat. There wasn't much of a climax, which really affected it.

Well, here we go:

The computer screen effect isn't quite lined up properly, and I find the thinly veiled curse a bit unnecessary and too close to something quite offensive. But the way Mom jumps into the room and all into a rage is funny. And that would be chauffeur not butler. mini/wink I feel a better option for the bus driver would have been his being thrown out of the bus, and then sitting up and stating his last line, as opposed to walking calmly out of the bus. GHB is right, in that the climax is a bit lacking, but it was still fun.

The voice cast is nice and expansive, as well as packing quite a number of big brickfilmers. But the "Hang on to your seats" line comes out of nowhere, and I assume it's just referencing something that I don't know about. I think that the map scene would have benefited from engine noises and screeching tires ending in a crashing noise, but that's just me. The gasoline scene felt a bit forced, as did the dialogue at the start of the ending scene. The payoff with Mom is nice, and the joke at the end is a great way of redeeming her character.

The yellow and white set at the start is a bit bright, and reminds me of the 60's Batman villain Egghead. The bus follows the bright color-scheme, and is also bigger on the inside. mini/wink The real-life pasture is combined well with crashed bus set, but the styles just don't match that well. The ending set is good, but being all red it's a bit on the plain side. Also, the "Event" on the poster behind Mom looks misspelled, but that's only due the line placement in the writing. Normally, it's better to print out a neat and clean poster/sign, as hand-written things look poor-quality on screen.

The animation is good, but doesn't ease-out as much as it could. There are a few prop and set bumps, but I know how hard it is not to hit things during filming. 

It sure feels shorter than six and a half minutes, but it's a nice film. There are a number of little flaws, but they're easily over-looked.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I feel a better option for the bus driver would have been his being thrown out of the bus, and then sitting up and stating his last line, as opposed to walking calmly out of the bus.

Yeah I suggested having the bus driver thrown out of the bus to my Dad, but he insisted that to be safe as a submission to BrickFlix that there doesn't need to be violence.

Dern.

This is a brilliant brickfilm! That's quite a voice cast, with some real "famous" people, like Minilife TV! You had me enjoying the film the whole time, and there was never a time when I wanted to pause the video and leave it like that--which is usually what happens when I watch "any old brickfilm". But, this is a good brickfilm, a great one, in fact! I loved the enthusiasm you and your voice actors put on your lines, especially your "...LEGO videos-ohs-OHS-OUHSSZ..." I cracked up at that bit!

The music is great, too. I don't know the composers (I've never heard of them, so I'm guessing they're friends of your parents?), but they are good. It's not overused downloaded stuff from the "musical genius" Kevin MacLeod. It's fresh stuff--fresh, good stuff. That's the problem with musical accompaniment in some brickfilms. It needs to sound good, so it makes the film look good--to help with that, I'll start composing my own music for my brickfilms. Your film did a good job with that; it had good music.

I'd like very much to see more of your films in the future.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

Dern.

This is a brilliant brickfilm! That's quite a voice cast, with some real "famous" people, like Minilife TV! You had me enjoying the film the whole time, and there was never a time when I wanted to pause the video and leave it like that--which is usually what happens when I watch "any old brickfilm". But, this is a good brickfilm, a great one, in fact!

I'd like very much to see more of your films in the future.

Thank You! Your support helps me to develop more BrickFilms and I am joyful that there are people who are deeply entertained by my videos. It moves me forward.