Topic: SPY

Directory Link

SPY

Youtube

This is a short test movie I made so that I could try out some night vision and thermal camera effects for another brickfilm I might make sometime. As you will see it is very heavily based on Splinter Cell! Let me know what you think!
Does the night vision look good, or should I remove the "old film" Windows Movie Maker effect that gives it the black specks? Do you think my thermal vision should look like the kind on Splinter Cell and Ghost Hunters, or do you like the more military black-and-white negative look? Leave comments below!

Re: SPY

That was pretty cool! I liked the effects, I don't think you should change them. The only things you could improve on would be the  sets, which were kind of empty, and the animation, which was slightly choppy.

Thank you for the feedback! Agreed, my sets could do to have better detail. That was not high priority to me since this was a test movie, but nonetheless you are right. mini/smile
At what points did it seem choppy?

Your sets were very well proportioned i.e not massive, only able to see just above the door frame. Allot of people have trouble with set building, but you seem to be a natural. With the sets items, don't worry about them. It looks allot more like a spy base without an abundance of objects laying around in the hallways/rooms.

As for the animation? I would say that when the character is walking down the hallway and climbing down the wall would be my two main concerns of choppy animation. What you could do next time for hallway shots is have them at an angle similar to the one at another shot in the film (with the angle being high, focusing on the character below). For the wall-climbing shots, just try to perfect them, I see nothing wrong with them.

CommonFilms wrote:

Your sets were very well proportioned i.e not massive, only able to see just above the door frame. Allot of people have trouble with set building, but you seem to be a natural. With the sets items, don't worry about them. It looks allot more like a spy base without an abundance of objects laying around in the hallways/rooms.

As for the animation? I would say that when the character is walking down the hallway and climbing down the wall would be my two main concerns of choppy animation. What you could do next time for hallway shots is have them at an angle similar to the one at another shot in the film (with the angle being high, focusing on the character below). For the wall-climbing shots, just try to perfect them, I see nothing wrong with them.

Quite true. That is, unless we want the bad guys to have a really dingy base. mini/tongue

Okay, thanks for clarification! Part of that is due to the fact that I wasn't being very careful of how my animation looked;  I wasn't really too concerned with quality animation this time around. Agreed, the wall animation could use some work. Do you know of any tutorials I could find on that kind of move? This was my first attempt at doing a repel with LEGOs, so it was very foreign to me!