Topic: EASTER 2013?

Will we be having an EASTER contest this year? I really hope we do since I love the EASTER contest even though I've only entered once haha.

Re: EASTER 2013?

EASTER is my favorite BiM contest.

I was wondering about this as well.
This issue was never brought up last year, and as far as I know, nobody has stepped up and announced one for this year. So it appears there will be no EASTER 2013. mini/sad

Just want to clarify that EASTER is not an official BiM contest. Last year there was some trouble with the judging and I believe it was decided that Mcoov would not be hosting again. I do enjoy this contest and would like to see it hang around... finding a capable host likely wouldn't be a huge problem, but prizes are another matter. There's also the issue of time, given that there are only 16 days until Easter. If the contest were to be held without prizes, would people still have an interest in entering?

Squash wrote:

If the contest were to be held without prizes, would people still have an interest in entering?

Yes.

We just want to have fun while making a short Easter animation...

And the best prize we can have is to get the first place! mini/tongue

It's not about the prize.
It's about sending a message having fun.

I would enter even if there were no prizes.

What? No prizes? Forget it! mini/tongue

Nah, the prizes weren't much last year, and I probably wouldn't win anyway.
So that's a small loss.

So what all would a host need to do?
Post the topic, answer the usual questions, arrange for judges, organize the results, and is there anything else?
I might be able to host, but would much rather participate.

EASTER's never been an official BiM contest, mostly because I like to be able to supervise the official ones and lack the free time to do it more than a couple contests per year.

If somebody wants to contact the person who was previously in charge and get permission to run another round of the contest, go ahead!

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I really hope someone steps up to host. I would really like to have an EASTER contest this year. Also, I would still enter with no prizes.

OK, so I really hate to commit, but I also would hate it if nobody else was step up and do it, forcing to go without EASTER 2013.

According to my very limited knowledge, other than posting the topic and answering questions, the host doesn't do much prior to judging. With that part being my only concern. First, how would a potential host go about getting judges? And second, what if the potential host feels like he would make a really lame judge and would rather just the two or three others do that? Also, is there some gigantic secret responsibility that I'm missing?

If you know the answers, and don't want to post here, please PM me. mini/wink

I'm not totally committing just yet, but if there're no others, (And no objections) I may just do it.

@Pritchard I think you'd be a good host because your pretty active on here and generally respected (in my eyes) as someone who knows what they're talking about.

I think you pretty much listed the responsibilities of a judge, other then (maybe but not necessarily) getting prizes - I'd still enter without! and being prepared to be criticized if you take a large amount of time to deliver the results (no names mentioned).

Oh yeah and for judges why not PM a few people and if they're not interested in entering and have the time, then you've got yourself judges!

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator