Topic: Weird Lines appearing on the image

I've been having a problem with my c910 where there are lines that show up across the image. Here's what I mean:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7683/image00001vp.jpg

When I turn the exposure up, the lines tend to fade out, but what if I want to film a shot at night? How do I fix those? Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

-Grant B.

Re: Weird Lines appearing on the image

Make sure your set is well lit and you won't have to turn it up the exposure so much. mini/smile Also for night scenes turn down the gain and brightness.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Can we have a picture of your setup? Maybe it isn't lit well. Everything you have on manual?

silents429 wrote:

Can we have a picture of your setup? Maybe it isn't lit well. Everything you have on manual?

Here is my current light setup.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8520/imagetjlx.jpg

Are all your settings on manual?

silents429 wrote:

Are all your settings on manual?

Yessiree.

I'd say move that lamp closer to add more light.

What kind of lightbulbs are you using? What wattage?

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051 wrote:

My bulbs are around the 60's and 70's in wattage.

Aye lad, This be a strange problem indeed. mini/confused

GHB Productions wrote:
minifig051 wrote:

My bulbs are around the 60's and 70's in wattage.

What kind of lightbulbs?
I heard using full-spectrum lightbulbs reduces the horizontal lines.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I have the same problem with my C920.
But I don't know whether there is a way to fix it... mini/sad

Just try to light softly. Little settings control... slowly fix the lighting problem. Maybe less desk lamps, maybe settings a little wrong. Few tips! mini/lol

It has to do with your brightness settings, try adding more light and lowering your exposure. I had this same problem until I just trial and error-ed it.

When messing with my Logitech quickcam 9000's settings the lines are caused by the exposer. (increase to fix)

END films wrote:

When messing with my Logitech quickcam 9000's settings the lines are caused by the exposer. (increase to fix)

I've fixed the problem by messing with the contrast a little. Exposure works, but sometimes it can get too overexposed. I appreciate you helping though!

I have the same problem occassionally with my c920. I think that one of the main problems is when there is too much of one color (in your case everything's white). I've had the problem when I have a ton of grey, but it's fine if I have several colors. Maybe try doing some testing with different sets and colors to see if that's the problem.

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

I use to have the same problem with my Quickcam 9000. What I did was change the location in the settings and flicker between each one till I found the one that fit. Maybe that option is available on your webcam?

CommonFilms wrote:

I use to have the same problem with my Quickcam 9000. What I did was change the location in the settings and flicker between each one till I found the one that fit. Maybe that option is available on your webcam?

What do you mean by location? I have nearly solved the problem. The lines tend to come now and then, but with trial and error in the settings, I usually figure something out.

GHB Productions wrote:
CommonFilms wrote:

What do you mean by location? I have nearly solved the problem. The lines tend to come now and then, but with trial and error in the settings, I usually figure something out.

The option may not be on your webcam, but I changed the location to Europe or something. You're trying to make me recall methods that I haven't used since 2011 mini/lol mini/tongue