Topic: Whats wrong with my animation. 15fps

First, I have no idea if this is the right spot, as I don't really remember seeing a help thread. Anyways.

I was just finishing doing a few tests. I did the first one and watched how it went, I think first off I failed at easing in and out. But mostly what I see is that it looks, I don't know choppy?

Not smooth. And I tried adjusting how many pictures I took but it feels off. Would you guys mind looking at it and telling me what I might have done wrong?
First one I had more pictures then the last 2, And I tried lowering it because I wanted it to run fast. I feel like I must have really forgotten all this. Or maybe it was MonkeyJam bein slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMJA_yNT … e=youtu.be

I would like feedback. As would anyone.  mini/confused

Re: Whats wrong with my animation. 15fps

Your video is private. You may want to change that so we can comment and help you out. mini/smile

OH I choose the wrong option I am so sorry!

The thing that is going to make it look smoother is easing it in and out. Removing frames to make it look like the motion is "faster" is not going to help make it smoother at all. The motion itself isn't too bad though, if you make it ease in and out it'll look great! mini/smile I'd definitely try it again real fast and post it. You have the motion of him preparing and swinging back before the main swing pretty good, but its the full rotation that isn't eased in and out of. The frame spacing is consistent throughout.

I am not honestly sure how easing in and out during the rotation is possible honestly, and I tried it out on 24fps and it looked rather nice, but I am not trying for that yet. Otherwise thank you for the advice, I shall try more, hopefully others will help too. mini/smile

Ease out of the beginning and ease in to the end of the arm moving. Also ease a bit around the position where the arm is pointing up.

If you ever have a movement that defies gravity then goes back down again (bouncing, throwing in an arc, vertical-plane rotation), ease in and out a little on the upmost point the object reaches. Also, objects going down move faster than objects going up, so downward movements should have less frames than upward movements.
These give the illusion of the force of gravity on things.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I shall try this some time today.