Topic: D-Day: The Fight For Omaha Beach

Directory Link

D-Day: The Fight For Omaha Beach

YouTube

I made this project for school. It took me 170 hours to make of which 21 hours writing a report and 149 hours to make the film.

Re: D-Day: The Fight For Omaha Beach

I liked it, but for military time. Its not 06:06 AM, its just 0606 hours.

Good job.
The animation was generally good, but in some parts in was choppy. The special effects left some to be desired.
And the sets could have been more detailed, but even though none of the sets were that large, they gave off the sense of being on a much larger scale.

I really liked the after-credits scene, but is suffered from the same problem as many of the preceding scenes. A real-life background that clashed a lot with the Lego foreground.

There was some over use of still frames and post-production camera movements, but I really didn't notice any other production issues. (Or does the guy sleeping in a bowtie count as one?)

Plot-wise, it was good. I would have liked subtitles for the Germans, but that's not a huge issue.
There were several ways you could have done the "Old guy remembering his past" plot point, but you picked one of the not-so-great options. If he was shown at the start, and the movie began, that would have been fine. If those scenes would have been shown right after the opening titles, that would have been fine. If they were all saved until the very end, that would have been good. And if more were filmed and they were placed all throughout the movie, that would have been ok, but right now they seem to break up the movie for no real reason.

You did a good job, and should be proud of yourself. mini/yes

3.75/5

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.
I'll keep it in mind next time. I haven't really been brickfilming for the past 3 years so I kinda had to get back into it.
I'll upload the subtitles for the Germans in a few days.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

(Or does the guy sleeping in a bowtie count as one?)

Yeah I wasn't sure whether I should have done that or not but I just wanted it to be obvious that the old man in "the nightmere scene" and the "after-credits scene" were the same, so I thought I'd keep that simple.

-Thijs