Topic: The Hobbit in LEGO - "Home"

Directory Link

The Hobbit in LEGO - "Home"

YouTube

Our LEGO recreation of the 6th TV Spot for the Hobbit -- Home

In my opinion, the Hobbit was a great film regardless of the criticism it got. As a fan of J.R.R Tolkein's 'The Lord of the Rings' and of course, 'The Hobbit', I thought I'd make a short recreation video of the film rendition. This is also the first video of ours in 2013! YAY!

Formerly known as the2awesomeguys

Re: The Hobbit in LEGO - "Home"

There were some nice shots (mostly sword fight related ones) and there were some chaotic shots (like the panoramic shot at 00:03 which eases out way too quickly and looks rather unprofessional). Overall it's been an up and down experience (same goes with sets). Also, how come is the video monetized if it has the audio from a trailer? I'm hoping you're not actually monetizing it yourself cause your channel might get banned in that case. I'm just looking out for ya mini/wink anyway, I think it was done well but could've been a lot better.

LarryStudios wrote:

There were some nice shots (mostly sword fight related ones) and there were some chaotic shots (like the panoramic shot at 00:03 which eases out way too quickly and looks rather unprofessional).

The only particular reason that certain shots such as the one you mentioned look "chaotic" and "unprofessional" is because I've derived the shots from the original trailer, as can be seen here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDVJRv-sGl4 As you can see, the original shot operates at a fast pace and so I tried to accurately recreate that. The same goes for the quick shots that you can barely make out at the end - They're all direct recreations from the trailer, so I didn't want to change it in any way.

Well the difference is the actual shot is from a helicopter and there's no post-prod digital camera work done while in your shot there's a shot and a quick easing out of the corner which makes it look unappealing. It should've been slower at least.

LarryStudios wrote:

Well the difference is the actual shot is from a helicopter and there's no post-prod digital camera work done while in your shot there's a shot and a quick easing out of the corner which makes it look unappealing. It should've been slower at least.

I can understand your point entirely and should I have made a film myself with a similar shot, it will have been moving much more slowly. But like I said, I wanted to replicate the actual trailer and so both the original and mine work at almost the same speed.

I liked that. It felt very cinematic. Though the beginning went by too quick. Also, I found the outro very abrupt. The volume was much louder than the rest. You may want to fix that. Overall, it was pretty good.

LASF wrote:

I liked that. It felt very cinematic. Though the beginning went by too quick. Also, I found the outro very abrupt. The volume was much louder than the rest. You may want to fix that. Overall, it was pretty good.

Thanks fot your feedback. I've noticed myself, that the outro music was too loud, so I will definitely be toning it down for my next film, whenever that may be.