Topic: Walk Sound

Does anyone now where I can get I good walking sound. I've heard many really good walk sounds in brick films, but whenever I search for them, all that comes up some bad recorded walk sounds. Help?

Re: Walk Sound

I can email you some good walking sounds if you want? mini/smile

BrickCorp45 wrote:

That'd be great! Thanks so much! Send it in .wav if you can.

GHB Productions wrote:
BrickCorp45 wrote:

That'd be great! Thanks so much! Send it in .wav if you can.

Sorry I think I sent it in mp3 but I'm sure it will work fine mini/bigsmile

I just remembered!  The song "Sratavarious" by Kraftwerk (1971) has some isolated electronicly-produced walking sounds that are really unique.  I think they're like around 1:45 into the song. I often use bass drums, but the one sounds in my brand new film "Minimalist Association" uses walking from the Hanna-Barbera library.

It's great to buy some sound FX cds used on eBay, rip them, compile a library, and put them all in subdirectories under a common directory.  Then you just use your file search tool to find sounds you need by keyword.  Lots of PC games use wav files for short sound FX, especially the games that come free with Windows.  I also culled all those counds and put them in my common SFX directory.  But I rarely use those.  Except for the fantasy fighting sounds (sword clangs, etc.) they're not needed in my genre.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

The sound effects I always use, and the ones that people usually suggest when someone asks this, are the ones located on good ol' brickfilms.com. Just scroll down to sound resources on the page provided and click on the Footsteps link. This will download a .zip file of various walking sounds.
Or, you could just record some... mini/smile