Topic: LEGO Indiana Jones and the Mystical Gemstone

Directory Link

LEGO Indiana Jones and the Mystical Gemstone

LEGO Indiana Jones and the Mystical Gemstone

Three and a half years of work, 12000 images, 250 sound effects, and months of post-production: enjoy!

I have just released Indiana Jones and the Mystical Gemstone, you can watch it here!

Re: LEGO Indiana Jones and the Mystical Gemstone

Great sets, great cinematography, great animation!
This is a perfect tribute to Indiana Jones! Congrats! mini/bigsmile

Very nice work.  Although I can't really say the plot was original, it was excellently done.  The large sets, the nice animation (especially the camera movement), and the digital backgrounds all came together to make a near perfect brickfilm (there was a tiny bit of light flicker in some scenes).  Well done!

Impressive! Most impressive. The beginning was a little slow, but once the film got going the animation quality and pretty much every other aspect continued to get better. You implemented the backgrounds and other special effects almost seamlessly! That was one of the most impressive parts about the film. I really enjoyed those shots that you used the turn table for, most of them look absolutely wonderful. (especially the one as Indy goes speeding through the village/tents and the "camera" pans. As SuburbAnimation said, the plot was a little unoriginal, however you injected some fun humor throughout which made it an enjoyable piece. Rating it 5/5 on here, favorited and liked on YouTube. Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future!

Ditto to more-or-less everything Spider said. mini/tongue

While some of the animation was slightly choppy, it still had the "Great brickfilm" feel about it that I very rarely see anymore. It's almost like one of the old classic brickfilms, where the overall technical quality may not be absolutely perfect, but there's just something subtle about it that makes it feel simply amazing.

So congrats on making one amazing video.

That was amazing! Congrats. Hope we'll get another one soon mini/bigsmile

I have to say, I was a bit skeptical at the beginning, but I was quite impressed by the end. The animation wasn't the best; the easing in and out technique could have been employed a bit better and the film could have benefited from a slightly higher frame rate. However, it was not hard on the eyes, and did not detract from the entertainment value of the film, which is obviously the whole point. The slapstick humor and references were well placed. The outdoor lighting was done very well, something not seen frequently in brickfilms, including my own, and the sets were quite impressive. It's not easy to truly capture the sense of being outside, and you did it very well, good job. Overall I quite enjoyed this, it's one of the best Indiana Jones brickfilms I've seen. mini/smile

backyardlegos wrote:

... the film could have benefited from a slightly higher frame rate. ...

It looks like it was shot on 24 fps to me. I don't think the framerate is the issue. Actually, I don't see any problem with the animation, everything was absolutely impressive, from the camera movements to the sets. I liked the humor.
Also, others have already said that the story isn't very original, but I think that what matters the most is the execution and direction, more tha the idea and/or story. In your case, it was excellent. Lots of great brickfilms are coming out in this period. 5/5

That was really good! I'll agree with everyone about your ease-in and ease-out issues and animation problems. But overall, for a LEGO Indiana Jones film, that was really good!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?