Topic: The Vine! An Interactive Adventure

Directory Link

The Vine! An Interactive Adventure

Youtube

Here's a sucky interactive adventure I filmed with a piece of poo from 1347. (A T2i believe it or not dumb freeware ruined the quality) Beware! Light Flicker, Bad quality photos and Choppy Animation ahead. (This is why you never use Jelly Cam)

Last edited by Chiro (November 9, 2012 (11:06am))

Re: The Vine! An Interactive Adventure

I'm not going to say much since my thoughts as a judge should be kept quiet until after the deadline,
but here are some general tips:

#1. They're called "Interactive adventures" for a reason. The viewer should "interact" with the video and make choices as to how the events should happen. There is not really a good reason to have just one link. If you want that something to happen no matter what, then just fuse the two clips together.

#2. It's best if the viewer is given at least five seconds to pick a path, and that being with everything totally still. Especially the camera. That way they can see what the link is pointing at. Doing that, not only do they have time to see the links, but also a brief moment to see where they lead, and then some time to choose the path that they want.

#3. Your wording leads one to think that something unmentionable all the way from the year 1347 is included in the film. I'm also not quite sure what it's supposed to mean, so you may want to change that.... mini/shifty

Pritchard Studios wrote:

#3. Your wording leads one to think that something unmentionable all the way from the year 1347 is included in the film. I'm also not quite sure what it's supposed to mean, so you may want to change that.... mini/shifty

I think he is talking about his camera. Also, I think he meant to mean the year 1347, but not literally. He probably meant it as it is an old camera and doesn't work very well.

Anyway, it was okay. The animation was okay though it seemed very overexposed and yellowish. You may want to turn down the exposure or move your lights a bit farther away from the set. Other than that, I'm gonna have to agree with what you said in the description (light flicker, quality could be better, and a bit choppy). Maybe you  should use some better software if that was what messed up the quality.

2/5

LASF wrote:
Pritchard Studios wrote:

I think he is talking about his camera. Also, I think he meant to mean the year 1347, but not literally. He probably meant it as it is an old camera and doesn't work very well.

Anyway, it was okay. The animation was okay though it seemed very overexposed and yellowish. You may want to turn down the exposure or move your lights a bit farther away from the set. Other than that, I'm gonna have to agree with what you said in the description (light flicker, quality could be better, and a bit choppy). Maybe you  should use some better software if that was what messed up the quality.

2/5

The software was what messed up the quality. I was using a Rebel T2i. And I am currently using a table lamp (lack of equipment and software)