Topic: What Would Happen If Mitt Romney Became President

Directory Link

What Would Happen If Mitt Romney Became President

Link 1

good

Re: What Would Happen If Mitt Romney Became President

The reason I did 1/5 is not because of the animation style, but because THAT'S NOT TRUE! mini/devil   Now let's not start fighting over this.

Plus, that looks NOTHING like Mitt Romney. Just another bank robber.

That's not an appropriate use of our rating system, GHB. You're supposed to rate the brickfilm, not the brickfilmer's political opinions.

Lovely, we've now stooped down from publishing our test animation as a brickfilm release to taking swings at political positions and manipulation of the rating system. Good work!

In other news, this film wasn't horrible in technical aspects, it was view-able in that area, but seriously, try to keep your politics out of an artistically oriented film site and if you are going to make a political statement, try to make a political point.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

On topic: The animation was good, but seemed a tad choppy at times like the landing, and the blood spurt needed some TLC.
Off-topicly on topic: So I guess you want Vermin Supreme as president as looking back at your obama one. mini/XD

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

I got a little laugh out of that.

I think it's pretty obvious that this was meant as a joke. Hehe I think everyone knows that Romney's not going to actually literally shoot big bird.

GHB Productions wrote:

The reason I did 1/5 is not because of the animation style, but because THAT'S NOT TRUE! mini/devil   Now let's not start fighting over this.

Plus, that looks NOTHING like Mitt Romney. Just another bank robber.

That's because in reality, Mittens is just another bank robber. mini/lol  I thought it was a bit choppy, but I found it entertaining, and the figure (specifically the face), totally fits Mitten's robbing/exploiting persona. And just for the record, I feel it's fine to include your opinions, on whatever subject, in your videos.

Carousel, we enjoy you here but what Jargon was referring to was a misuse of the rating system.
We try to uplift and encourage each other. It's ok to share your personal opinions to a certain extent. Don't go over the top with them. Welcome to BiM.

"Of The Pond Films"

I was merely addressing GBH's comment, not Jargon's, in a friendly/humorous way. Maybe I included a little too much opinion, but I defend what I said. I was in no way degrading or putting-down GBH, I was just utilising a present opportunity to make a joke. I don not feel it to be over-the-top. I appreciate your welcome, as I am a newish member compared to the majority of contributors to this website, but I would of further appreciated it back in April when I joined BiM. Seems a bit out of place. mini/smile

Anyway, to bluper8; somehow I don't feel Big Bird or PBS have anything to worry about now! Love the humour, keep it up.

(Last off topic post)
Just letting ya know. mini/wink
Never noticed ya back in April. mini/tongue

"Of The Pond Films"

Don't forget, Carousel, that you were Cosmonaut until a few weeks ago, hence (I assume), the confusion.

Creating brickfilms with political messages is fine. An artist's creation is an extension of who they are, and for many, political opinions are a significant part of that. However, this forum is not really intended for political debate. It's been tried in the past and it's just not the right fit for our community. If you want to discuss the political merits of a brickfilmer's video, take it to YouTube or private conversation. Thanks, all.

Oh, that makes sense! Sorry Jargon/1011Ev, no wonder you got confused. I'll refrain from going off topic, or discussing things in this area, again. mini/smile

Jargon wrote:

Don't forget, Carousel, that you were Cosmonaut until a few weeks ago, hence (I assume), the confusion.

Creating brickfilms with political messages is fine. An artist's creation is an extension of who they are, and for many, political opinions are a significant part of that. However, this forum is not really intended for political debate. It's been tried in the past and it's just not the right fit for our community. If you want to discuss the political merits of a brickfilmer's video, take it to YouTube or private conversation. Thanks, all.

I agree with both of your points.  A brick film is a form of self expression, and we can appriciate the freedom to express our personal beliefs.  As a person whose films cover topical issues, its just as important that those with opposing views have the same freedom to create art that I do.  I also agree that debating the viewpoints is best left to the comments sections of the video URLs, as BricksInMotion is designed for people of all persuasions to come together & help each other regardless of our differences.

Last edited by HoldingOurOwn (November 8, 2012 (08:47am))

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

LOL so much off topic comments.
I personally found it rather hilarious. The one problem was that Mitt Romney didn't move at all when he said that he approved of your message. Maybe if he made like a hand gesture or something it would be less awkward.