Topic: A Hero

Directory Link

A Hero

Film
YouTube Channel

Enjoy!
Please rate and comment!

Re: A Hero

I liked the concept, you don't often see brickfilms about fire rescue.  I actually thought it would have been more effective without the music, that would have given it a grittier feel, and put the viewer right in the action.  I liked the animation, but wasn't overly fond of the post-production camera movements, I believe in-camera movements look better and should be used where possible (but that's just personal preference).  The only other thing I would say is that a few shots revealed the end of the set (the opening shot clearly showed your wall in the background), and although it's only Lego, you should still try to create the illusion that the film takes place in an entire universe and not just a small set.
Overall, I really liked the film, your animation skills are good, and it's really only the framing of your shots that need some work.
4/5

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

Saminatorger wrote:

I liked the concept, you don't often see brickfilms about fire rescue.  I actually thought it would have been more effective without the music, that would have given it a grittier feel, and put the viewer right in the action.  I liked the animation, but wasn't overly fond of the post-production camera movements, I believe in-camera movements look better and should be used where possible (but that's just personal preference).  The only other thing I would say is that a few shots revealed the end of the set (the opening shot clearly showed your wall in the background), and although it's only Lego, you should still try to create the illusion that the film takes place in an entire universe and not just a small set.
Overall, I really liked the film, your animation skills are good, and it's really only the framing of your shots that need some work.
4/5

Thanks Sam!
I did lots of postproduction camera movements because there was a few set bumps and camera bumps and the camera movement kinda hides it:) I really struggled with some of the shots because it is so HARD:o  to animate with a mini fig bluetacd to a minifigs body. I really appreciate it that you spend the time to review.:) mini/smile mini/smile mini/smile
When's the Package III coming out???

I don't know, I hope to finish it soon.  I'm just waiting for some CGI to be finished.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

NICE IDEA! I would make an animation like this. I really like this. But the walk cycle was a little bit weird so 4/5. mini/smile

silmänkääntäjä wrote:

NICE IDEA! I would make an animation like this. I really like this. But the walk cycle was a little bit weird so 4/5. mini/smile

Thanks!
I struggle doing walk cycles so that's something I should try to work on.:DD