Topic: 8mm cameras for brickfilming?

So I was kinda just sitting there thinking about how much cooler 8mm film looks than digital and how cool effects can be easily done (the example provided includes footage from a tape the editor found in the middle of a forest, so it was all waterlogged) and how fake the filets provided on imovie and stuff look. I was wondering, has anypony ever tried filming with an 8mm camera, or any other sort of camera that's not digital? I can guess that back in the days of yore people worked on stuff like The Magic Portal with actual film cameras because of course digital stuff did not exist back then, but how in the world do you do this? I can see a lot of potential in this kind of thing, but as I was born into the digital age I have never even touched one of these cameras. I just thought that this would provoke some interesting ideas.

DISCUSS. mini/smile

Re: 8mm cameras for brickfilming?

I've heard that 8mm cameras work pretty well for brickfilming, but I've never actually gotten my hands on one to try it out. (Not that I would know where to look anyway. mini/tongue) I'm not sure, but think that WLDN TV might have used one. On the website he describes it as a "two-piece model with the separate deck you carried over your shoulder."

I would personally love to try out using an 8mm for brickfilming, but like I said I wouldn't know where to start looking for one, and if I did find one it would probably be quite expensive to get the film, and to get it developed. Also, if someone does get their hands on one, how would you take one picture at a time? It's designed to take videos....