Topic: Logitech C920 Light Flicker

So, I have the c920 and have been having terrible light flicker. For some reason there is tending to be darker and lighter lines that move around between pictures. Does anyone have some clue as to why?

Also, to eliminate these possibilities, I where dark clothes, block light from my windows and door, have 3 lights that don't move, everything is on manual, and I tend to stay in the same spot between frames.
Any advice would be appreciated. mini/smile

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

Re: Logitech C920 Light Flicker

It might be your set or lights/lighting. What kind of set is it, and what kind of lights do you use?

You may have under or over exposed the camera. Try playing with the exposure setting till you get one that isn't flickery. If you find that afterwards it is too dark or bright, then try adjusting the brightness and gain settings.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Sounds like something I call Chaotic Flicker. It's light flicker caused by the light reflecting off of the moving Lego. Having the settings too high increases your camera's sensitivity to these slight reflections.

It can be fixed by turning down your light settings (Exposure, Gain, and Brightness; especially the Gain). If it's too dark after you do that, add more lamps (usually, you need 3-4 lamps for this to work).

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I don't think it's the exposure due to me not being able to lower the exposure any further. Also, like I said, I have 3 lights: all Ottlites (they're awesome, but a little spendy). However, the webcam randomly started working fine again, so I dunno what the matter was.
Again, thanks. mini/smile

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

I always thought it would be best to have the exposure high and the gain as low as possible to obtain a consistantcy.  I could be wrong here but that's how I film with my 910.

More than happy to be corrected here.!

I use the C910 and recently discovered how to set the white balance to manual, which all but removed my light flicker. Interestingly, I still can't find how to set it on the camera settings; I found an option in Monkeyjam that allowed me to adjust it. [Open Video Capture Window > Video Settings > move the White Balance bar to the far left]

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

Sorry about the necro-post, but I have this same problem and I was hoping someone, anyone could help me out with it.

I have the c920 and when setting the exposure (pretty much the only setting you can play with that gives a good result) to something that looks good, dark lines begin moving down the screen and are visible on the captured image. It is possible to get rid of the lines by setting the exposure higher/lower but at the cost of a good, well-exposed image.

I would appreciate any help that can get me closer to solving this really annoying problem. I have contacted someone who seems to know a solution for this problem, but in the meantime I would still appreciate some help.

@Brickstory do you have a solution now ? mini/smile

I have the very same camera. I have a light flicker problem, but I think it is my fault not the camera's.