Topic: Update Thread - The Haunted Head Boutique

http://i.imgur.com/Kts4r.jpg

Hello, everybody! Welcome to my update thread for me new film The Haunted Head Boutique.

Here's a quick Q&A to answer some questions that you may have.

First off, what's this film about?
Well, it's about a three kids who suspect a shop is haunted. So, they all got into the shop after hours to find out whether or not it really is haunted. What wacky things will they find out? What will happen to them?

Um... What the heck is a head boutique?
I dunno whether I'm the first one to make this up or not (probably not) but a head boutique is a little bit like a wig shop for Lego figures. Just... it's not wigs they're selling, it's heads.

What about characters and a casting call?
There are the three kids, Nigel, Derek, and Roy, a weird old guy, and some more characters I'll add in as I keep scripting. As for the casting call, expect it sometime in the next week or so. Here's the casting call!

So far, that's about all I got. I'll try to keep you guys updated with photos and news. mini/smile

Last edited by LASF (September 26, 2012 (03:31pm))

Re: Update Thread - The Haunted Head Boutique

CASTING CALL! mini/bigsmile

Bump.

First frame!

http://i.imgur.com/blGBE.jpg

Lookin' good!  Are you using a blacklight there?  I made a stop-mo and used a blacklight a long time ago....It added some neat FX!  I can't wait for the trailer/film, keep it up!

Tiny Update

Filming is looking good. The process is going kinda slow but the animation is looking good.
The short Teaser Trailer will be out tomorrow, I believe. Also, the lighting in that scene is nowhere near the original lighting. I played around with the settings to get it to look that way.

Teaser Trailer!

Another Frame:

http://i.imgur.com/XUoyr.png

Any feedback?

I don't like the amount of space to the right..

Rsteenoven wrote:

I don't like the amount of space to the right.

Maybe, some stranger is going to emerge from the spooky blackness...

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:
Rsteenoven wrote:

I don't like the amount of space to the right.

Maybe, some stranger is going to emerge from the spooky blackness...

Nope, not in this shot (according to the script). It looks like they're outside the boutique in that frame (judging from the teaser trailer and the script).

Yeah, the camera's position does look a bit off in that frame.
What I usually do is center the thing I want focused on (usually a person) about the middle of the frame. If you want to focus on one person, put him in the middle. If you have two people, make the middle the space between them.
In this case, I'd suggest that you move the camera to the left a bit, towards my character, so that the middle is between Derek and Roy. They're both talking in this shot, so they both need to be focused on.

Last edited by minifig051 (October 8, 2012 (10:22am))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

All right, I cropped the shot so that that space to the right isn't there.

As for how everything's coming, so far, I'm happy to say I have a solid minute done. mini/yes

Get excited! The Haunted Head Boutique comes out this upcoming Wednesday!