Topic: Lego CAD programs

I don't know where this thread should go but oh well , Anyway whenever you don't have all the Lego pieces or you don't really want to customize your pieces and worry it might break. Behalf on AFOL's use like CAD programs like MLCAD or LDRAW and LDD so Not everyone uses CAD programs to make prototypes.

I just want to know if any of you use any of the Following CAD programs in the past few years.

Re: Lego CAD programs

Are you asking about using it for CGI in your film, and if I have any experience doing that?
If so, LeoCAD is ok....It's got an awkward interface though.
LDD can't export to Blender last time I checked, so it's useless for CGI in films.
And that's my whole experience. mini/tongue

On the other hand, it you're asking about modding the parts in a program to research into destroying modding them in real file, that's impossible in LDD, and I don't know about LeoCAD. If you are wanting to do something like that, import the parts into Blender (Or some other 3D modeling program) and mod them in there.

But if you're asking something else, could you clarify what exactly?

Re: Lego CAD programs

@Pritchard Studios
Well what i'm talking about is making prop prototypes before making the real thing for your animation, and yes i also talking about CGI then this tread should be closed because there's is already a CGI tread