Topic: R I S E

Directory Link

R I S E

YouTube

Perhaps the only Dark Knight Rises parody currently out there that's not about Bane's voice.

...wait, Squash made one, too, right? Lemme check...yeah, he did. Alright, scratch that, then, but still.

Also, mildly spoilerish of the film, though nothing too major.

Re: R I S E

mini/lol
Great I love it!
I've looked up the plot on the Batman Wiki before, (I haven't seen the movie thanks to the content) and I too wondered about that part.

Spoiler (click to read)

I mean really, no guards? And his back can be fixed how easily????

Great movie, great (Original) joke, and great animation.
Just one question, what was up with Bane's arms?
4/5

P.S. The after credits scene was priceless. mini/XD

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (August 11, 2012 (04:48pm))

The best parody I've seen so far. mini/smile
I really like Bane's voice, it sounds very close to the real one. Excellent animation.

@ Pritchard: I think he was trying to replicate Bane's typical stance of holding his outfit by the straps.

DISH DISH PASTA PASTA DISH DISH PASTA PASTA
This is currently my favorite film from you. You have gone a LONG way from your original Ben and Andy films. mini/smile
5.5/5
EDIT: I am getting EXTREMELY tired of people on YouTube asking where you got the Bane. Don't they know what decals are?

Last edited by Troodon (August 12, 2012 (12:20pm))

Spoiler (click to read)

I guess Bane/Talia wouldn't have thought a crippled Batman could find a way out of that pit, so why post a guard at all.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Brilliant.  Absolutely brilliant.

You missed the question of how one can heal a broken back in a few days, or that all you need to do to escape a giant pit is simplyclimb without a harness. And if one of the inmates knew exactly how to escape, why has only one person managed to escape!? And why didn't they tell Bruce Wayne the secret as soon as he got there?!?] Also, how the hell did Batman manage to get from some third world country all the way back to Gotham when Gotham is under such heavy quarantine!?

Sorry, wrong thread to nitpick the actual movie. This parody hits the nail on the head, and the authenticity is brilliant - it looks like something professionally produced by The LEGO Company themselves. Oh, and the flawless animation goes without saying...

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:

You missed the question of how one can heal a broken back in a few days, or that all you need to do to escape a giant pit is simplyclimb without a harness. And if one of the inmates knew exactly how to escape, why has only one person managed to escape!? And why didn't they tell Bruce Wayne the secret as soon as he got there?!?] Also, how the hell did Batman manage to get from some third world country all the way back to Gotham when Gotham is under such heavy quarantine!?

Sorry, wrong thread to nitpick the actual movie. This parody hits the nail on the head, and the authenticity is brilliant - it looks like something professionally produced by The LEGO Company themselves. Oh, and the flawless animation goes without saying...

You clearly haven't seen the movie...

Great video! The Bane voice was fantastic

Very professional, and well animated as always. Your films never disappoint!

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Spoiler (click to read)

I think that Bane kind of wanted Batman to come back just to fight him. He seemed pleased to see him when he did come back.

I watched this a few hours ago and I was like..wut?
Then, I went to the cinema and watched The Dark Nite Rises.
Now I'm back from the cinema and I watch it again. Now I think it's excellent!
Nice animation and funny.
4.5/5.

This is your best so far, when it comes to animation.
So buttery and simply flawless.
And the sets are really nice.

I didn't really like the story - but I was laughing the whole time.
And your fig!

The biggest problem, is the thud when he falls is WAY too quiet.
Like I didn't get what happened a few times until I turned it up.

But that last shot is so amazing, the animation and the lighting and whew. It looks real.
What was your lighting like on that shot? And your exposure settings, aperture, etc?

Not to keep nitpicking, but I think you're at a point where you can benefit from stuff like this:
The last shot has a bunch of light flicker and you can see a hair and a bunch of dust floating around, I know it's a pain but things like this are easily fixed with tedious photoshop.
Oh, and the shots where Bruce comes out of the hole should have had a few distant mountains mini/smile

BUT THIS IS SO AMAZING! GOOD JOB!

Wasn't so fond of the main joke, but the joke after the credits was enough to make me laugh for about a minute.

Call me crazy, but I think your animation improved. Your animation in the past has been pretty lifeless, smooth, but lifeless, and I think you put some character and life into the animation in this film.

Good job, I enjoyed this.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I especially loved the it at the end with the chiropractor(?) guy. That made me grin. Well done.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Just Love it!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8422/7880149424_852a72ef8f.jpg

Thanks for the great replies, everyone! It's always very much appreciated, and I'm glad so many of you liked the film. mini/bigsmile

Pritchard wrote:

Just one question, what was up with Bane's arms?

AnnoyingNoises pretty much got it, I was trying to imitate Bane's casual stance of holding the straps of his vest.

http://storiesbywilliams.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/bane.jpg?w=396&h=273

Also Pritchard wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I mean really, no guards? And his back can be fixed how easily????

Lechnology wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I guess Bane/Talia wouldn't have thought a crippled Batman could find a way out of that pit, so why post a guard at all.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I think that Bane kind of wanted Batman to come back just to fight him. He seemed pleased to see him when he did come back.

Max Butcher wrote:

What I notice that seems to be the dividing point between fans and dissenters of the film seems to be how people react to the film's logic, which is understandable, given the careful thinking that Nolan's films often demand from their audience. In terms of realism and plausibility, yeah, TDKR definitely takes a few liberties with how the real world works, but what I think a lot of people tend to forget is that this is a movie, a fantasy superhero movie at that, and that premise alone demands a bit of willing suspension of disbelief. Even more so, Batman is such an iconic hero (especially Nolan's take on him) that he really is his own mythos, and from that perspective, one can understand how the thematic elements of the story can supersede it's logical workings.

Spoiler (click to read)

Is it highly unrealistic that Bruce's back could be fixed in the prison and that he could train himself back to health to escape the pit? Probably. Does it demonstrate Bruce's rebirth and "rise" back to heroism and his newfound ability to defeat Bane? Absolutely. That whole sequence is really more of an extended metaphor, especially climbing out of the pit, which harkens back to the imagery of Bruce in the well from Batman Begins. Everything sort of comes full-circle there, which makes it significant even if, logically, it doesn't add up entirely.

If one person was able to escape from the prison, why has no one else? In the real world, that's a good question, but in the movie world, it's important to establish this task as seemingly impossible to raise the stakes for Bruce's ascendency, and prove himself capable of saving Gotham and stopping Bane.

How did Bruce get back to Gotham so quickly after escaping? We don't really know. Are those details really relevant? In terms of the happenings of the story, not entirely. You can run circles around that asking how in the world Bruce would be capable of returning to quarantined Gotham, but really, it's all irrelevant. The important thing is that Batman is back, because his arc demands that he return at some point despite all odds.

mobiledeli wrote:

The biggest problem, is the thud when he falls is WAY too quiet.
Like I didn't get what happened a few times until I turned it up.

Yeah, looking back, I think I rushed through the sound mixing a little bit too quickly. The thud when he falls may be a little too quiet, and I definitely didn't give the echoes of the actual gunshot enough volume. Sonically, I think there's a lot of room for improvement here.

mobiledeli wrote:

But that last shot is so amazing, the animation and the lighting and whew. It looks real.

Thanks! mini/smile I'm also really happy with how that shot turned out.

Also mobiledeli wrote:

What was your lighting like on that shot? And your exposure settings, aperture, etc?

Luckily for you...

Lemme think...I think the setup was 35(ish)mm, 1/4 shutter speed(?), ISO 200, and at f/11.