Topic: How to mask while using Helium Frog

Hi,

I can't find how to export files from helium frog into gimp for masking and then import them back in

Please help!!

Re: How to mask while using Helium Frog

Ok, I might have a solution for you, but could be a little more specific? What do you mean exactly? Do you mean: taking a movie file that HF has made, getting the frames out of it, masking them, and then putting them back into a movie file that HF can us again?

There was a similar question a while ago. First of all: HeliumFrog is not a video editor. It is purely a capture program; therefore there is no reason to import the masked frames back into HeliumFrog (Windows Movie Maker or iMovie are free programs that you can compose frames in to make a movie; there are also several others that you can download online, free or with a charge). In order to export the frames from HF so that you can mask, however, you have to first go to the settings in HF, and click the option for "export individual frames" (or something of the like). Once you do that, you have to find out where HF is saving it's files (this can also be found in the settings, also you can change where it saves them from there); then you simply have to go to that location, click on the picture you want to mask, and right click then select "open with > GIMP." Alternatively, you can open GIMP, select "File > Open," and open the files into GIMP that way. Hope this answers your question; if not, please specify your problem.
-kcirbfilms

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

kcirbfilms wrote:

There was a similar question a while ago. First of all: HeliumFrog is not a video editor. It is purely a capture program; therefore there is no reason to import the masked frames back into HeliumFrog (Windows Movie Maker or iMovie are free programs that you can compose frames in to make a movie; there are also several others that you can download online, free or with a charge)

You are correct about HF not being an image editor, however it is a frame capture program and an animation compiler. Imovie and WMM are NOT animation compilers. If you need to compile outside of your frame capture software, I suggest Virtualdub, do not use WMM to compile it is an editor and a poor one at that.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

AnW wrote:

Do you mean: taking a movie file that HF has made, getting the frames out of it, masking them, and then putting them back into a movie file that HF can us again?

sort of but using frames that are on the x sheet and not exported as an avi yet, I knew there was a way of doing this in monkeyjam but I can't film at a high resoultion on mj with out it crashing.