Topic: Pearl Harbor - the Truth Unveiled

http://i.imgur.com/CE1o9.jpg

Hey guys. This will be an update thread for my upcoming film, "Pearl Harbor - the Truth Unveiled" . It is as much for you guys to keep updated as it is for me to keep motivated. It will be my first real film, as earlier ones I have done have been relatively short, for school projects and stuff (around 40 seconds or so). So I expect this one to be about 6 - 8 minutes, long, but that is a sketchy guess mini/lol .

Basically, the plot revisits the tragedy of pearl harbor, except using what information I have found on the interwebs, it looks at the advance conspiracy theory as evidence for why Pearl Harbor even occurred. Just so I can avoid any trouble, nothing I say in the film or what is produced in the film actually reflects my feeling or viewpoint on this event. Most of the characters in the film are indeed real, but as for what they say and do is fiction, thus, it is historical fiction mini/smile. It is purely for entertainment purposes. The film was supposed to made for the TOY competition, but I was too caught up in other stuff. Anyway, here are the technical specs:

Equipment
Logitech C910 Webcam
Regular Desk Lamps (Diffused)
Alienware M11x laptop

Software
Monkeyjam
Gimp
Blender (if I feel I am good enough to implement such CGI mini/wink )
Pinnacle Studio 12

Other Info
Image quality: 1280x960
Score: I'll try to make some of it myself, but I may have to rely on the good ole hearts of the populace mini/wink
Time this will take: This is a toughy. I'd see a good 2 years, because I'll be goin off to college in a month or so, thus production time will be intermittent. But no worries, I think I shall see this through to the end.

I finished making the script, and have started animating.

Well, further updates as events warrant!

EDIT: Casting call is up now! It can be reached here.

Last edited by elrelster (July 16, 2012 (10:18am))

sigelrelster
Scripting: 100% Animation: 3% Post-Production: 0%

Re: Pearl Harbor - the Truth Unveiled

Sounds like an interesting idea, I'll try out for a part once the casting call is up. I'm interested to see where this will go.

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

Haha, thanks for your interest. The banner is up now, too! mini/smile

sigelrelster

Sounds interesting. I'll be looking forward for this film!
If you want some tips on blender I'd be happy to help!
But judging by the picture in the first post you have it covered. mini/lol

thanks, actually, truth be told, I didn't use Blender for any of the banner. However, I do know a fair amount of Blender work, except most of that is in the animation department. Modeling and texturing and whatnot is what I only know moderately. But thanks for extending your help, I might be needing it! mini/wink

sigelrelster

So, in case anyone hasn't noticed my edit in the first post, I'll just make a general announcement here, that the casting call is up. That be it. Cheers!

sigelrelster

Hmmm. I realize this is a triple post, but if its an update for my own topic, I think it be-ith allowed right? mini/lol Anyway, I just wanted to update you guys with some of my work. Here is a frame of the some of the family, together at the breakfast table:

http://i.imgur.com/mlwFN.png

I already finished filming this scene, actually, and I think I just about finished another scene, but yeah. My only fear is that I don't think my lighting is as great as I would like it to be, especially with white bricks. They kinda make me get da light flicker. But I think i can fix that in post production. Mhm.

sigelrelster

elrelster wrote:

Hmmm. I realize this is a triple post, but if its an update for my own topic, I think it be-ith allowed right?

Most people don't really comment in production-type threads until they see more behind the scenes pictures, so that's nothing to worry about. mini/wink

The bright yellow wall need to be broken up more, I'd suggest another window, or a picture frame or two.
There are also too many different colors in the picture. (Blue table, yellow wall, red pants, white shirts, a green something between the characters on the left, a black hook, red trim, brown and tan trim, Dark bley phone, and a black window.)

You need to establish the color scheme for the room. (Mostly yellow, some white and a little bit of black for example.) And then change elements to match that scheme. For example, you could change the green thing to white, the red pants to black, throw out the tan and brown trim, switch the blue table out for a black one and change the bottom layer of bricks from red to white.

BUT, I think the floor as a red/white/blue color scheme, (Can't quite tell thanks to the angle) so it may be better to change the wall to blue, and the green thing to white and see how that looks with the floor.

Seeing as you've already finished this shot, you may just want to keep this advice in mind for future sets, as it makes things look a lot better. mini/wink

Yeah, actually, the brown thing is a countertop, but I know what you are talking about. I submitted this set to the critique thread, and they said the same thing. For the future sets, I've been working on making the rooms only 2 or 3 colors. But yeah, I know what you mean. And you can't tell, but the green thing is a plant mini/lol

And I seeing that I don't think anyone else is going to be auditioning, I think I'll announce who got which roles tomorrow.
Till then!

sigelrelster