Topic: The Taste of Victory

Directory Link

The Taste of Victory

YouTube

This video was originally going to be an entry to the BIM 2010: Avant-Garde contest. Here's a brief explanation of why it took so long:

All of the footage in this video was filmed before the deadline of the Avant-Garde contest, but we didn't edit it in time. Afterwards, we didn't have any good gun sound effects and we lost interest in the project. A while later though, we watched it and realized it had a lot of cool animation shots that we really liked. So eventually, we finished editing it and this is the final result.

Behind the Scenes Pictures

Last edited by twickabrick (September 9, 2012 (08:14am))

Re: The Taste of Victory

THAT WAS REALLY GREAT AND AMAZING! mini/delirium
Only things that could use some work would be the voices (with the exception of Evans), and camera quality, but those are only minor dislikes. This was really good, the action, the models, sets, in shot effects, and the sound editing was quite nice.
The animation was very smooth, and when I saw that rain effect you did, I just gasped. Seriously, that was clever.
Would you mind if I used that method?

Thanks, ANP! No, I wouldn't mind. That eight second long shot took four hours to animate, though.

Last edited by twickabrick (July 13, 2012 (09:58am))

Thanks! mini/bigsmile

That eight second long shot took four hours to animate, though.

http://cassomatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Challenge-Accepted.jpg

I loved the sets and brick built effects. mini/smile

Wonderful! I may have to do like ANP and borrow from some of your techniques. I absolutely love "special effects" done with LEGOs and you pulled it off great. My favorites were the bullets going through the concrete wall and the grenade explosions. Wonderful! Glad to see some new material from you, such a talented animator.

Another brilliant film. Very well done. I loved absolutely everything about it.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Yeah. This is so good and epic like usually from you twickabrick. I really like your videos. The newest inspires me a lot. mini/sunnies

Shall we call it the twick-style raining technique? mini/XD
Very well done. mini/smile

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook