Topic: The Mystery of the Yellow Room

Directory Link

The Mystery of the Yellow Room

YouTube

Geertos13 brings you his first ever feature film !

The crime takes place at the Chateau du Glandier, located in the forest, near the road leading to Sainte-Geneviève-des-Bois and Montlhéry. The daughter of a famous scientist, Mathilda Strangerson(Mplayed by MUSTARDMANZZ) is found the victim of attempted murder. The strange thing is the room is locked from the inside and there are no other ways in. A famous detective, Frederic Larsan(FILMMAKER16) and his colleague Judge Marquet(GEERTOS13) are involved but the young journalist Joseph Rouletabille (GEERTOS13)and his friend John Sainclair(DT98FILMS) are more concerned with unraveling the mystery by use of reasoning and logic. Miss Stangerson is found alone and severely injured, moments after being violently attacked in a locked room at the Chateau, a room with absolutely no possible means of escape for the would-be murderer. Or so it appears. Joseph Rouletabille, journalist/detective, is immediately thrust into the investigation of the insoluble crime that would soon electrify all of France. Rouletabille, a mere eighteen years old, is very much in the tradition of Poe's Dupin, believing rational analysis, rather than crawling on all fours around the crime scene, is the key to unraveling those cases that are genuine puzzles, as this one is. (Not that Rouletabille disdains mundane forensics when called for. And when he chooses to crawl about, he does so with a most discerning eye!) Suspects include the Indian Gamekeeper (JimA73), Father Jacques (CpuWrite), The caretakers, the Burniers (Ryodisis and MustardManzz) and The professor Strangerson (Bhlc11)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3855/14765871900_1e2a72c84a.jpg
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of stuff - Thomas Edison

Re: The Mystery of the Yellow Room

Wow, first off, I have to say well done for completing such a long brickfilm, I know from personal experience that animating something over 20 minutes can really be daunting and time consuming (my current film is set to hit the 50 minute mark).
I really enjoyed this film, the story was entertaining and had me guessing who the actual murderer was.  I thought the execution was really well done, though occasionally proved a little hard to follow.  The comedy elements of the film had me laughing out loud several times, particularly when the two main characters were trying to climb the tree.  Voice acting was also fairly well done, with many of the lead actors really bringing their characters to life.  There was the odd bit of slightly wooden and unenthusiastic acting, notably when

Spoiler (click to read)

the killer was attacking Mathilda

.  Animation was pretty good, I liked the parts where the hair jumped off the characters.  Cinematography was certainly adequate, but there were a lot of medium shots, and I personally felt the film could have benefited from some more close-ups and camera movement (Not saying there wasn't any, just that it could have done with more).  Finally, the set design was really quite impressive, the interior design really fitted the time period.
I guess my only real criticism of the film was the apparent lack of music, there were a lot of scenes that could have really done with some sort of music to emphasize situations and emotions, but that's just my opinion.

Overall a thoroughly enjoyable film, with an impressive running time, and a good story.

4/5

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

This film was just........ AMAZING! the sets, The animation, The story, The voice actors mini/wink ( Especially meh mini/wink ) jj You have got to make a sequel!!! mini/wink The music fitted the right moments, The action was great! The humor was just amazing especialy when Sainclair ( Meh) & Rouletabille (You mini/wink ) try to get on the tree. But... the best part is when Sainclair (Meh) Says the best line in teh world!!! "HOLY BISCUITS"

5/5 mini/smile

-Your scottish Buddy DT98FILMS (Darrenypie) mini/smile

Last edited by dt98films (July 13, 2012 (11:14am))

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ibm441.jpg

Wow, an hour-long animated film. This is really quite an achievement that requires a lot of patience. Though it contained brilliant cinematography and set design, the pop! and whip! sound effects seemed a little too comic for a serious film such as this one. Also, the "nasty scene" sort of irked me and I didn't see it as an important part of the plot. But, great job anyways!

Although, I did burst out laughing when

Spoiler (click to read)

John Sinclair cried out "Holy biscuits!".

By the way, I'm curious; who did the orchestra music?

9/10

Last edited by Mickey (July 14, 2012 (01:36pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

This was AMAZING!