Topic: Phineas McGuild: The Hair Raising Experience

Directory Link

Phineas McGuild: The Hair Raising Experience

Watch it on You Tube

Two Films in one day! I'm on a roll! mini/bigsmile

This was actually started back on January but I finally got it edited together

Based on a true story

Enjoy! mini/bigsmile

Last edited by Coyote Creek Films (July 9, 2012 (07:37pm))

Re: Phineas McGuild: The Hair Raising Experience

I love this.

Thanks, the support is welcome! mini/cat

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Anyone else want to comment?

Nice job, you're really good at making cartoony brickilms. mini/wink Some of the animation was too fast or choppy, but not that bad overall. Good job!

Alright, as others have said, sometimes the animation was a little off. But there were some other times when it was perfect. ("Igor, what am I going to do..."-The head spin was not only a great idea, but it was executed very, very well.)

The plot was somewhat basic, but served it's purpose well. The ending twist was somewhat predictable, but not overly so. The sets were a little lacking in details, so you may want to add some props and/or furniture next time.

I normally don't care for switching between so many different heads to get the right expression, but it can be useful, and if that's what you like, then go for it. The glass toss at 3:35 was a good touch, as was the hat falling ten seconds later. But what was up with the after-credits scene? The camera moved too quickly to see anything, and it didn't seem to serve a purpose other than to try to induce sea-sickness. mini/tongue

The scenes with the hat flying around weren't done that well, the masking was fine, but the animation itself need some work. (The hat moved at the same break-neck speed the entire time, and not being Captain America's shield, it should have dropped in altitude at least a little before hitting the object. It also stopped too quickly for it's incredible momentum.)

The audio is something that you need to work on, sometimes there was music, sometimes not. There were a lot of places where sounds were missing, or when the dialogue was overwhelmed by the music. The voice actor for the Mr. McGuild kinda got out of the character's voice during the credits. And it just has some rough edges that need to be worked on. mini/wink

I enjoyed the plot, and the movie was very fun to watch. Once you smooth out those rough edges, you'll be quite the animator. 3.75/5

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (July 11, 2012 (07:20pm))

Thanks for the comments!

sorry about the end credits scene it was an accident but I threw it in at the end because it was weird. again sorry if it made anyone sick.

I will also admit that the scenes at the end were poorly done. Though for all I know maybe the hat was a early prototype for Captain America's shield mini/tongue

I will also agree that the sound is the worst part of this film. I'm trying to fix that.

a large majority of this film was created earlier this Year (January-ish)
The editing program I was using crashed leaving the entire project ruined, until recently when I started it back up and finished editing it. I sort of got out of caricature during the credits and I apologize for that.

thanks to everyone for there critiques. I will apply it all to my next work (which is yet to be determined mini/sweat)