Topic: Party - A New Brickfilm

Lately, I have not been making any Brickfilms so I thought that I should make one.

A kid (who looks like Ron Weasley) named Drew McCrew throws a big PARTY! Will the party end up a disaster or end up AMAZING?

So far I am planning it to be done sometime soon. I need voice actors for this film. Soon I will post a Casting Call in the Audio section of the forums.

The characters be shown on the Casting Call.

Please Audition for the Casting Call.

Re: Party - A New Brickfilm

You may need to work on your animation a little more before you plan on making a big film like this one. Also, think of a more creative title. Just "PARTY" alone sounds a little misleading and unoriginal, as far as "teen party" brickfilms go. mini/rolleyes

And, it really, really bugs me that you put the minifig's face backward. I don't know why it's the way it is.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

And, it really, really bugs me that you put the minifig's face backward. I don't know why it's the way it is.

That's because he has a Mac, so he has to take pictures in Photo Booth, which always mirrors images.

As for the title, here's some suggestions I thought up:

Party Hardy
The Partying of Drew McCrew
Party Pressure
Drew's Party Crew

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Mickey wrote:

That is just because that was in photo booth. mini/blankexpression I use Sam Animations. Plus it is not your Signature why do you care. That was just taking a picture for my Signature.

Despite not being overly fond of how he raised his criticisms, I feel the need to echo Mickey's concerns. Looking at your past projects, I can't help but feel like you'd have a better chance of improving if you focused on tests and less ambitious projects than you will by jumping into another film. Your casting call is difficult to understand- for example,

Stephen, in a casting call, wrote:

Voice: Nice and not loud or mature

You use the word mature to describe all but two of the characters, but it doesn't always make sense in context with the rest of their character information. Do you really want a 24 year old woman without a mature voice? Or do you want someone who sounds immature in manner, rather than age? It would only take one sentence to clarify, but you didn't take the time to do that. I'm sure you'll get auditions (perhaps not for the female role), don't get me wrong, but I don't find myself particularly compelled to try out when you put together such a sloppy casting thread.

It seems the general lack of attention is a thread that runs through most of your projects. I'm not trying to put you down, but what you get out of a film is entirely dependent on what you put into it. Brickfilms take effort- we both know that, and we both know that you put a lot of effort into your films. But they also take a certain attention to detail. If you're not paying attention to how you film and actively trying to improve, it isn't likely that you will. You seem to care about plot, but that care is wasted if you don't have a grasp of the fundamental skills (animation, cinematography) required to translate it to film. People don't know what you thought the film would be like when it first came into your head, so you have to try your best to show them. If you spend time practicing your animation and read up some on cinematography (really, just actively paying attention to cinematography in the films you watch can pay dividends), I can pretty much guarantee that you'll start improving faster than you have in the past by just making films.

Again, don't take this the wrong way; the kind of film you make is entirely up to you; if you just want to make a quick movie and don't particularly care if it's the next great thing, I'm not going to stop you. However, if you are interested in improving, realize that you have to work toward that. Just making a bunch of films without concentrating on what you really want out of it won't help you progress as a filmmaker.

Last edited by Stephen (July 29, 2012 (07:43pm))