Topic: The Things Ned Wondered (split)

hey guys i created my first lego short, it has no sound and all, though like i said this is my first test ever i know its not very good but i wanted to know a few things if anyone ever gets a chance to see.

I made it using monkeyjam and used it at 15 fps but for some reason the fighting all seems very fast is there a reason?

Also on the first character when his running left to right that was framed at 30 FPS and for some reason seemed more smoother am i doing something wrong?

and for the audio on monkeyjam i used to seperate 8 second files tho everytime i put one, when i try to put another under it, all it does is replace it? Help!

Thanks in advance everyone.

Generalned.

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

Re: The Things Ned Wondered (split)

Any chance we can see the video? After that I may be able to help you! And also I recommend using something like Sony Vegas for implementing Audio!

Stonycharlie wrote:

Any chance we can see the video? After that I may be able to help you! And also I recommend using something like Sony Vegas for implementing Audio!

Of course sorry about that:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcstuG7_ … ature=plcp

Thanks mate, and it was done with monkey jam at 15 FPS, also in the beggining when the pirate goes left to right i took 2 pictures each movement, otherwise i dont know why the rest went so fast hope you can help !

also i got sony vegas pro 8 so ill try and learn about it !

Thanks in advance

Generalned

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."

The biggest thing that I see is that you need to take more pictures. Animating at 15 frames per second isn't what dictates the speed of the animation. 15 fps is enough frames in a second to make an animation appear smooth, but the animator has to put in the work. If you take more pictures per movement that will result in each movement being slower and more smooth. Easing in and out is also important. I suggest watching some tutorials that will give you an idea of easing in and out and how many pictures to take.

This is a great general animation tutorial, and this is a really basic but good walk cycle for 15 fps. mini/smile

backyardlegos wrote:

The biggest thing that I see is that you need to take more pictures. Animating at 15 frames per second isn't what dictates the speed of the animation. 15 fps is enough frames in a second to make an animation appear smooth, but the animator has to put in the work. If you take more pictures per movement that will result in each movement being slower and more smooth. Easing in and out is also important. I suggest watching some tutorials that will give you an idea of easing in and out and how many pictures to take.

This is a great general animation tutorial, and this is a really basic but good walk cycle for 15 fps. mini/smile

Thanks for your reply i really appreciate it, sorry for the late reply i have been very busy, packaging things, i also want to say i loved your movie enlightenment and thanks for the info how many photos do you take for each of your movements? E.g each step 3 photos? or ? Cause i though your video was very smooth all of yours are.

Thanks again in advance Addrian