Topic: How to make videos playable on bricksinmotion! Please help!

Hey Guys! Sorry for the randomness, but I read the Bim guide, and it didn't help very much. I really want my videos to be playable on this site. I don't want people to have to go to youtube or something to watch it. How do you do it?

Re: How to make videos playable on bricksinmotion! Please help!

Since this is essentially the same topic as the one you posted yesterday, I'm going to delete the other one and just respond here.

There is no way to make a film play on the forum, as video embedding is disabled. You'll have to upload to another site like Youtube or Vimeo and link people to the film. The only way you can watch a film on BiM without going to the host site is to submit the film to the directory with a Youtube link, where it will automatically be made viewable on the film page.

You can post FULL FILMS and TRAILERS in the releases forum, and shorter vids without much plot and stuff in the WIPs and Test forum. On those you HAVE to have a link to either youtube, dailymotion, or vimeo. Youtube is usually the preferred website.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

I still don't get it! Please help!

GHB Productions wrote:

I really want my videos to be playable on this site. I don't want people to have to go to youtube or something to watch it.

Squash wrote:

There is no way to make a film play on the forum, as video embedding is disabled. You'll have to upload to another site like Youtube or Vimeo and link people to the film.

Squash has answered your question. What else do you need help with?

Yeah that's what I did.

What did you do? Did you upload your video to a video-sharing site like Vimeo or YouTube?

Yeah totally!

Did you submit your film to the Directory? If you're getting stuck there, take another look at [guide]. It will walk you through the process.

"After you have submitted your film, you will be provided with a link to the film page in the directory and (if you have chosen to create one) a link to your film's topic in the forums. (If you can't find the link, go to the Releases forum, where it will probably be somewhere at the top of the first page.) People will immediately be able to watch your film, rate it, and comment on it if you have opened a topic in the forums. Your film will not be available immediately in the film directory, though."

That's what he said to do, but is he referring to the film directory?, or is there another directory?

There is only one directory: the Films Directory. It will direct you.

Wait, do you submit the film in the Release forums?

No. Submitting a film to the directory in three easy steps:
1. Log in (since you're posting, I'll assume you've already done this).
2. Go to http://www.bricksinmotion.com/films/
3. On the left side of the screen, you will see a green box that says "Controls", and six buttons underneath. Click the button that says "Submit Film". The site should tell you what to do from there.

Ok! I did that! But it still won't let me play it from BiM! Any other suggestions?

And plus, there is only four buttons for me under the word Controls.

Oops, that's correct. Forgot that I have two extra because I'm an administrator.

As far as actually watching from the directory, if you can't click the thumbnail image and get an embedded video to appear, I don't have any other suggestions. Ideally that would work, but the directory can be unstable and doesn't always function as intended. It won't have any effect on the amount of views you get; everyone here is already accustomed to watching on external sites.

Ok, whatever.

I don't like your attitude. Were all trying to help and you should show us some respect.

Ok everybody, here's what I did to try to make it playable on BiM.
1.Went to the film directory.
2. Clicked submit film on the green panel at the left.
3. Did all the instructions, but it still wasn't playable on BiM.
Any suggestions?

I can only think of one more thing that might fix it. What URL are you currently using? If it isn't http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[whatever your film id is], the directory won't display the film. Currently your Robbers film is listed under http://youtu.be/bZLNFRVRdZA which isn't a URL format the directory can interpret. If you can change the URL, I'd advise trying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZLNFRVRdZA. If that doesn't work, the films just isn't going to play on the site.