Topic: Helium Frog - Deleting last frame ?

Ok, I have been playing with HF and can't find out how you delete the last frame taken - Any ideas ?

Went into the directory folder and did it manually that way but HF crashed (what a surprise).

I really don't want to use Monkey Jam but I feel that I might have to. Its image quality is better than Animator DV Simple+ - but it has not Onion skinning. 

I really need to get a stable capture program with the features I need, so I can start/finish my current project.

Re: Helium Frog - Deleting last frame ?

I have the same problem as you, ADV sucks, monkeyjam doesnt have onion skinning, and helium frog is buggy.

I think im going to buy smp.

You cannot currently delete the last frame in Helium Frog, but you will be able to in version 2.04. This will be released in about a week as I'm nearly finished with the programming. I've also been programming an editor with an X sheet interface which may help you. (See blog on website for more details)

Deleting the lastframe.bmp will crash the program as this is used to capture the image directly from the camera and translate and append it to the avi file. It is really not advisable to delete frames from a program directory with any program without knowing what your doing. Try going to any other program directory and deleting a few files to see what happens! (no please don't!). I could try to hide these file in a sub directory if that will help.

What other bugs have you encountered, if you could make a list that would help me eliminate them. I have recieved so little feedback I cant correct the faults. The program is becoming very large now and I need feedback. My experience is that bugs often take about 5 minutes to sort out, but a lifetime to find. Try to be specific and say exactly what you were doing when it crashed. If I can recreate the fault the solution is easy.

The undo key was the result of someone sending me an email and asking for it to be included as was the editor.  rsteenoven asked (well complained really!) for the sliders to have visual indicators to show their position, this is also in the new version.

Free Animation Software at www.HeliumFrog.com

steenoven asked (well complained really!)

Sorry I didn't mean to complain mini/sad

Is helium frog a caputre software?

User formerly known as "LEGO"

Yes

http://www.animateclay.com/heliumfrog/heliumfroglarge.jpg
This is the Helium Frog animator. Its a very versatile program when you get past the bugs and crashes.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Thanks Martin, as an aside, have you ever come across a program called Dependency Walker. You run the program and point it to the exe of your application, it can run a log file and record all the details of why a program crashed etc.  It is a very good piece of free diagnostic software.

Dependency Walker