Re: OYO Video Challenge: Brickfilm our new line of minifigures!

oyo wrote:

Second, we still definitely have more figures to give away so feel free to keep entering!

Oh good, I'll work on sending that email tomorrow.

Last edited by Fun Sucker (May 29, 2012 (09:42pm))

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

I uploaded my entry to the contest today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVxwMQQ7ejc

Bigbudlego wrote:

You weren't supposed to modify the figure

Chiro wrote:
Bigbudlego wrote:

You have a valid point Chiro but I let this one slide *pending* the appearance of an unmodified OYO in the final film. I'm giving Bigbudlego the benefit of the doubt that this teaser is leading up to a reveal of an unmodified OYO (which seems likely given the content)

Rereading the rules they don't explicitly state that you can't modify an OYO, just that an unmodified OYO must appear in the film

This is a tricky territory, because we do want the focus to be on our product (as purchased). This doesn't mean there can't be time spent in the videos on other things (perhaps a modified figure, perhaps a competitors figures) but the focus of the film should be on an unmodified figure.

If anyone has any issue with this one going through then I'll expand it to the first 6 entries, but so far I've only received 3.

Last edited by oyo (May 30, 2012 (09:38am))

Looks like I'm gonna be animating one of these soon. mini/wink
Deadline is June 25th right?
Also, would it be fair to make a smaller entry to lead up to a big one and would it be considered an entry? Just curious on how this goes with getting a second. mini/tongue

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

oyo wrote:
Chiro wrote:
Bigbudlego wrote:

You have a valid point Chiro but I let this one slide *pending* the appearance of an unmodified OYO in the final film. I'm giving Bigbudlego the benefit of the doubt that this teaser is leading up to a reveal of an unmodified OYO (which seems likely given the content)

Rereading the rules they don't explicitly state that you can't modify an OYO, just that an unmodified OYO must appear in the film

This is a tricky territory, because we do want the focus to be on our product (as purchased). This doesn't mean there can't be time spent in the videos on other things (perhaps a modified figure, perhaps a competitors figures) but the focus of the film should be on an unmodified figure.

If anyone has any issue with this one going through then I'll expand it to the first 6 entries, but so far I've only received 3.

The content of the trailer is actually the only part with a modified figure.  The unmodified figure will have plenty of screen time mini/bigsmile  (I don't want to go into details as it would give away the whole film mini/tongue)

1011Ev wrote:

Looks like I'm gonna be animating one of these soon. mini/wink
Deadline is June 25th right?
Also, would it be fair to make a smaller entry to lead up to a big one and would it be considered an entry? Just curious on how this goes with getting a second. mini/tongue

That's fine, that seems to be what most people are doing. And yes the deadline is June 25th. Every upload you submit will be considered an entry, but obviously your final video will most likely place better.

Thanks!

Anyone find a good way to animate someone swinging?

buikes wrote:

Anyone find a good way to animate someone swinging?

Mute this video, turn captions off, and watch his body movements. Use the elbows and hips if possible, it's all mainly the stepping and the twist you make it look like he is performing.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Sent the email, now I wait...

Youtube   Twitter

OYO wrote:

Second update for today. I have a new twist for everyone- I just got permission to do some more giveaways. We wanted to give everyone some incentive to get some early uploads up, so the first (5) entrants who upload a submission to our YouTube challenge video will each receive a second OYO minifigure of their choice (US only once again)

Me wrote:

I think I did the video response thing right,

OYO wrote:

....But so far I've only received 3.

Didn't know if I was going to get a confirmation message or not,  so I'll just ask here.
I looked at the video on YT and it's got my test clip as a response, so that means I just scored another OYO right?
Any clue when I'll be able to get it? It sure would be nice to have two to film with, especially if they were from opposing teams.

That's correct, anyone who sees their video show up as a video response should e-mail [email protected] with their second figure of choice!

As of this moment there are still only 3 video responses, so there are still 2 free second figures left

Thanks everyone!

Two entrants have uploaded their submissions early so the first 5 applicants are now all closed out. It's now June 3rd so the deadline for receiving your free minifigure if you are interested in making a video is closing in fast (must submit your application  by June 8th!)

Thanks again!

oyo wrote:

It's now June 3rd so the deadline for receiving your free minifigure if you are interested in making a video is closing in fast (must submit your application  by June 8th!)

Thanks again!

Did you get my email? I didn't get a reply.

Youtube   Twitter

FuntasticFilms wrote:
oyo wrote:

It's now June 3rd so the deadline for receiving your free minifigure if you are interested in making a video is closing in fast (must submit your application  by June 8th!)

Thanks again!

Did you get my email? I didn't get a reply.

It seems there was a round of OYOs shipped out that were missing their confirmation e-mails! I just e-mailed you and the others who had entered then. Your figure shipped out last week so you should be receiving it any day!

oyo wrote:

It seems there was a round of OYOs shipped out that were missing their confirmation e-mails! I just e-mailed you and the others who had entered then. Your figure shipped out last week so you should be receiving it any day!

Oh good, I was starting to worry there.

Youtube   Twitter

It was a pleasure animating the OYO minifigure.  Love the knees that bend.  Anyway, our local Fox television station aired a story on their Sunday evening news broadcast about our animation. mini/smile  http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/18688 … goes-viral

Here's a link to the brickfilm on our Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxE8XMV2 … ature=plcp

My Full Entry is finished, uploaded, and entered.

By the way, that is incredible FourMonkeys!  Your film was well done.  That's quite the honor you got mini/bigsmile

Bigbudlego wrote:

My Full Entry is finished, uploaded, and entered.

By the way, that is incredible FourMonkeys!  Your film was well done.  That's quite the honor you got mini/bigsmile

Bigbudlego......loved your entry.  Very well done.  Spot on animation.

Just got my confirmation email, can't wait for my generic minifig. Generic is good, I can use it for other things mini/bigsmile .

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png