Topic: OYO Video Challenge: Brickfilm our new line of minifigures!

http://oyosportstoys.com/images/oyo_video_challenge.jpg

Quick Facts (please read on for details):]
    -First 50 approved applicants receive a free OYO minifigure
    -Make a stop-animation video highlighting the features of OYOs
    -Upload it as a video response to our Challenge video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHXy5svrgeI by June 25th 2012 for a chance at getting your very own Custom OYO and other rewards!

Who are we?]
OYO Sportstoys, Inc. is a new company that has launched an exciting new line of minifigures called OYOs.  OYOs have knees and elbows that bend, giving them improved articulation that allows them to properly hold a batting or pitching stance- all while maintaining compatibility with standard building blocks.

Licensed by MLB, we currently offer OYOs of over 250 different MLB players, each with their own facial likeness, team jersey, name and number, and a serialized DNA number that is unique to each OYO. In addition, we are pursuing minifigures of other sports, and working toward launching a full custom line of OYOs .

Why are we here?]
OYO is very excited about what we have to offer to the brickfilming community, and we would like to be an active part of it.

The improved articulation of OYOs opens up a whole new world of possibilities to the brickfilmer, and we can’t wait to see what can be done with it. Additionally, we hope the unique faces and player likenesses of OYOs will be a breath of fresh air! And, of course, being a new company anything you can do to help spread the word about our product is a great help.

What is it?]
The OYO Video Challenge is our first journey into brickfilming.

We want to encourage anyone who wants to make a video with our product to do so, and for that reason we will be providing FREE OYOs to the first 50 approved applicants!

Guidelines:]
We don’t want to restrict your creativity, but there are a few characteristics that will need to be present for your video to have a chance to be selected as a winner:
    -No profanity or suggestive themes (sexual themes, drug use, etc)
    -No more than playful violence
    -No copyrighted/unauthorized materials
    -Must extensively use stop motion
    -Must contain at least (1) unmodified OYO minifigure (other toys and figures are welcome)
    -Must treat the player’s likeness and the MLB in a dignified manner

Theme:]
We would like to see a video that will highlight and showcase the features of OYOs. This could be done in many ways, either directly through plot elements within the film, or secondary to the plot. And remember, OYOs play well with other toys!

Rewards:]
Gold: The most winning video (as judged by OYO staff) will be rewarded with their choice of their very own custom OYO, or (5) OYO minifigures of their choice, as well as the possibility of the video being featured on the front page of our website.

Silver: Second place will receive (3) OYO minifigures of their choice

Bronze: Third place will receive (2) OYO minifigures of their choice

Details:]
For the top 3 videos, we would like to have a digital copy of the winning videos for archival and potentially for promotional use (but it’s OK to host it on your own YouTube channel additionally)

Videos are expected to be less than 2 minutes in length due to time constraints, but don’t let that stop you from running longer.

To enter the Challenge:]
Post your video as a YouTube video response to our Challenge video (not yet live) by June 25, 2012

Multiple entries will be accepted (in fact- we would love to see some early entries)

The winners will be determined by the end of June and announced here, on our website, and on our YouTube channel.

We realize this is a short timeframe, but as a new company we are used to working under tight deadlines, and we hope you will too!

To receive your free OYO:]
First, Choose an OYO minifigure from our website: www.oyosportstoys.com

Then, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with your:
     -Full Name
     -Mailing/Shipping address (US only)
     -The OYO of your choice
     -A link or attachment to some samples of your previous body of work brickfliming
     -One reason why you should receive a free OYO! 

The first 50 applicants approved before June 8th 2012 will receive (1) OYO minifigure of their choice. Applicants will be screened for their sincerity and previous work. OYO reserves the right to substitute an alternate minifigure in certain cases.

Notes:
If you have any questions you can post here, or e-mail at [email protected] for more information!

We would like to thank everyone for welcoming us into this community and hope we can make an impact.

Please let us know what you think of our product and this Challenge, as well as any comments or suggestions you may have.

Challenge rewards are valid for the United States only, void where prohibited. Others are welcome to participate, but will be awarded an honorary title.

Thanks, and good luck!

Last edited by oyo (June 18, 2012 (02:11pm))

Re: OYO Video Challenge: Brickfilm our new line of minifigures!

This sounds awesome! One question, though: Do we apply before we make the video to receive our figure, or do we have to make the video before we apply?

Thanks!

You can apply to receive your free OYO figure at any time before June 8th 2012. We are doing this to help get the minifigures in your hands so you CAN make the videos! mini/smile In fact I would encourage everyone interested to apply for the free figure as soon as possible so you can get started! We are trusting that whoever applies will actually end up making a video with an OYO (even if it doesn't fit Challenge criteria or meet the deadline).

As above:
Please send an e-mail to [email protected] with your:
     -Full Name
     -Mailing/Shipping address
     -The OYO of your choice
     -A link or attachment to some samples of your previous body of work brickfliming
     -One reason why you should receive a free OYO!

Thanks again!

Last edited by oyo (May 14, 2012 (06:05pm))

Oh, okay. I'll register soon. mini/bigsmile Also, do you think if I register tomorrow I will get the figure before the 26th? I'm leaving for a vacation then, and it would be nice to brainstorm whilst driving. mini/smile

Edit: Whoops, I'm in Oregon.

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (May 14, 2012 (07:03pm))

OK, sounds cool!
I can't decide which baseball player to choose though....Too bad you don't have the football ones up yet. (Got any opinions on who I should choose?) Anyway, I'll register as soon as I can.

EDIT: Sent e-mail, and picked Brian Wilson. Thanks for hosting this by the way, it sounds really fun, and I don't mind free stuff at all. mini/tongue

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (May 14, 2012 (08:11pm))

Once we get your application it should normally only be a few business days to process and send out a figure

I want one! I'll definitely try and enter!

Last edited by buikes (May 15, 2012 (05:15am))

Sent in my submission! mini/smile

I'm sorry to say that I should have mentioned that the challenge rewards are eligible for US participants only.

Last edited by oyo (May 16, 2012 (09:25am))

oyo wrote:

I'm sorry to say that I should have mentioned that the challenge rewards are eligible for US participants only. I believe I should still be able to ship free OYO figures to anyone who applies for them in Canada, but you will not be eligible to win one of our rewards mini/sad You can still receive an honorary title though and we still could feature your video!

Ok then. I will still do it. ( I should move to the us when I'm older)

Sent in my application, picked Josh Beckett. mini/tongue

Sounds like fun and the figures look interesting! Thanks OYO for hosting this contest.

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

I would like to do this! But sadly, I can't.

Just shipped out the first round of OYOs today to the new entrants!

We still have plenty left but I expect they will go fast, so please get your entries in if you are interested, and help spread the word.

Thank you all for your support and the warm welcome. I can't wait to see what you think of our figures, and what you can do with them!

Just got my confirmation!!!! I can't wait. These mini figs look awesome! Thanks OYO

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

Sent in my application!

I will surely enter! Email should be sent out by the end of the day.

Can you ship to the Uk?

oyo wrote:

I'm sorry to say that I should have mentioned that the challenge rewards are eligible for US participants only. I believe I should still be able to ship free OYO figures to anyone who applies for them in Canada, but you will not be eligible to win one of our rewards mini/sad You can still receive an honorary title though and we still could feature your video!

Doesn't sound like it. mini/sad

I looked into shipping samples internationally today and it turns out we'll currently be unable to ship outside the US at all. However the figures should be available to buy in Canada in some select locations (Toronto Stadium for instance)

Last edited by oyo (May 16, 2012 (09:44am))