Topic: Banana Ninja

Directory Link

Banana Ninja

Banana Ninja
Channel

Banana Ninja! Who knew bananas could be used so many ways? This film is my first at 15 fps and uses green screen effects for the flying bananas, the knife, and the suitcase. Music: Kevin Macleod's "Dangerous", "Future Gladiator", and "Ghostpocalypse Part 7 - Master." Thanks. MSEP

MSEP

Re: Banana Ninja

This is awesome. Nice work.

The was fun mini/smile . A little rough around the edges, but it kept my attention throughout.

Good work.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Same as duke boy.
It was a bit choppy in some places and the camera shaking made it seem choppy in places where it wasn't. Also try to avoid bumping characters or adding the out of place picture to help it being more smooth. The light flicker was a tad annoying but only because I'm irritated with it in my own films, try adding some paper over your lamps to defuse the light. It was good, need to work on smoothness a tad more and experiment with the movements. mini/wink

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Ok, first off, I thought that, as a whole, the film wasn't bad. I liked it well enough. That said, you have to fix that camera bump. Seriously, I was getting dizzy from the amount of camera bump in there. I don't know the setup you have, but you really need to tape down your camera, at least. I could definitely see light flicker, but really, it wasn't horrible in my opinion. The animation was quite decent. A bit choppy, yes, but not bad at all. Much better than most fight brickfilms I see. There are other really minor things, set design could be better, lighting, etc, but really, if you fix the camera bumping, you will be doing much better already. mini/smile

AnW wrote:

Ok, first off, I thought that, as a whole, the film wasn't bad. I liked it well enough. That said, you have to fix that camera bump. Seriously, I was getting dizzy from the amount of camera bump in there. I don't know the setup you have, but you really need to tape down your camera, at least. I could definitely see light flicker, but really, it wasn't horrible in my opinion. The animation was quite decent. A bit choppy, yes, but not bad at all. Much better than most fight brickfilms I see. There are other really minor things, set design could be better, lighting, etc, but really, if you fix the camera bumping, you will be doing much better already. mini/smile

Thanks. I have been trying and trying to fix my camera setup. I have a standard size tripod so I have to put my sets on a table and the tripod on the floor. The light flicker is really hard for me to fix since my camera has an autofocus lense. I will try what you said. Some of the shaking was intentional, but most of it was not. I will try to secure my tripod more. I will be more careful in the future.

MSEP

It was nice. The animation was very good in some parts, but in the fight it didn't look like they were punching too hard.
The camera bumps didn't annoy me at all, and neither did the light flickers, and instead, I thought there was some nice cinematography in a few scenes. There's one thing that I would fix: sometimes you pause the action for too long, for example: the guy that enters the room and looks at the machine gun, he takes too much time to decide and take his gun (and plus after that I could see him do nothing with it in the scenes that came after that). Set design was functional to the movie, and the story wasn't defined, but it wasn't meant to be.

Although I don't really care about camera bumps (unless it's a rollercoaster, of course), I would suggest you to use a software like Monkey Jam or Helium Frog (which are free) that lets you capture the frame from the computer, without touching the camera. For light flickers, you should change all the settings of your camera to manual, and that should help too, but I didn't see many, so I guess you could just leave it as it is.

Anyway, 3/5, because it had some impressive shots, overall good animation, but it lacks of a story and it's the same kind of action that we're used to.

MPfist0 wrote:

It was nice. The animation was very good in some parts, but in the fight it didn't look like they were punching too hard.
The camera bumps didn't annoy me at all, and neither did the light flickers, and instead, I thought there was some nice cinematography in a few scenes. There's one thing that I would fix: sometimes you pause the action for too long, for example: the guy that enters the room and looks at the machine gun, he takes too much time to decide and take his gun (and plus after that I could see him do nothing with it in the scenes that came after that). Set design was functional to the movie, and the story wasn't defined, but it wasn't meant to be.

Although I don't really care about camera bumps (unless it's a rollercoaster, of course), I would suggest you to use a software like Monkey Jam or Helium Frog (which are free) that lets you capture the frame from the computer, without touching the camera. For light flickers, you should change all the settings of your camera to manual, and that should help too, but I didn't see many, so I guess you could just leave it as it is.

Anyway, 3/5, because it had some impressive shots, overall good animation, but it lacks of a story and it's the same kind of action that we're used to.

Thanks, I am still having some trouble getting the punches looking right (especially the part when the guy in the red punches the ninja.) I originally did not intend to have the guy with the gun sit there so long, but the video seemed to work better with the music this way. (The banana hits the guy right as the music changes. I guess I could have editted the music). I tried monkey jam few months ago, and I hated it. It did not work well on my computer. I will try to figure out how to change everything to manual on my camera. I did not really want to make a story to this one since it was only supposed to be a joke. I did a complex story in another movie not too long ago, but it took me about two months to make at a lower frame rate, and I did not want to make some overly developed one here. Thanks for all your suggestions! I will do better in the future.

MSEP

To help reduce the camera bump try not to press so hard down on the button to take a picture... mini/wink

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

1011Ev wrote:

To help reduce the camera bump try not to press so hard down on the button to take a picture... mini/wink

That was not the problem. It was the tripod moving because I bumped it. :-/ I was trying not to, and a lot of times I did not even know that I bumped it until I hace put it on the computer. I have been very careful not to push down on the button very hard. Thanks

MSEP

This video included: Camera Bumps, Flicker, Fun and Bananas. Despite the animation not being smooth I'd say I still had a lot of fun watching this video, great job!