Re: BiM 2012: Kitchen Sink [CLOSED]

Rook13 wrote:

Can you use sounds from sites like www.soundbible.com www.soundjax.com etc

Yes you can. As long as you give credit where it is due.

Jared

legogod wrote:
Rook13 wrote:

Can you use sounds from sites like www.soundbible.com www.soundjax.com etc

Yes you can. As long as you give credit where it is due.

Jared

Good! otherwise it would be a pain for me to make all the sounds.

"They say Creativity is the limit, but in reality the amount of bricks is the limit" ~Rook13

Man oh man. Where has all of the time gone? It doesn't seem like five months have passed since the first announcement. And now here we all are - submission time is officially open. From now until the 14th of October (8 PM GMT) submissions will be accepted into BiM 2012: Kitchen Sink Contest.

What did you make of your time? I can't wait to see!

Jared

Hope I finish in time...

-Purple Pieces Entertainment

I haven't heard from my secret collaborator in ages, and I haven't got what I need from them to start animating. I'm afraid that even if they responded today I wouldn't be able to finish in time. I guess I'm out. mini/sad

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Show of hands: is anybody who keeps up with this thread still planning to enter?

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I'm not.....Most unfortunately. mini/sad
I was busy on other projects, and don't have time now to make something worth entering.

EDIT: If the deadline was extended a month or so, I would be able to get a good entry together.
And yes, official contests like this don't normally extend the deadline, but I'd love to be able to enter, and extending it may entice others to do so as well.

So to put it simply: Current deadline + 4 weeks time = One guaranteed entry from me.

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (October 2, 2012 (07:24pm))

we had Months and i still didn't enter I'm out of this and doing the whole thing on my own time.

I'm working really hard on my entry and it's looking great so far, but it's not coming together as quickly as I would like... Not sure if I can finish it until the deadline. mini/blankexpression

Great, I havent even started on my entry yet... mini/sad havent been motivated ... ill have to work quite alot of hours from now on..

I need a new name! HELP

Very tempted to try my hand at this. With a birthday upcoming and trying to get a hold of school, we'll see what friday and saturday hold...

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

My entry is coming out good so far. Looking at my production schedule, I'll have about a week of the contest left to edit. I should be finished animating Monday; only four more sequences left.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Sounds pretty cool, but with school and everything, it's a little too much right now mini/smile

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russel
Youtube: www.youtube.com/LegoPeoples37 (Subscribe!)

I should get mine finished today. Only got editing to do!

"They say Creativity is the limit, but in reality the amount of bricks is the limit" ~Rook13

If the deadline was extended a month or so, I would be able to get a good entry together.

Without trying to be a jerk: if you really wanted to enter, couldn't you have put your other projects on hold a month ago and made an entry then? I could understand if people who had been working all five months were calling for it, but when folks had almost half a year to make a film and- a week before the deadline- haven't even started yet, asking for an extension is kind of silly. It's understandable that you had other projects, but you set those priorities knowing that this contest would only run for a set length of time.

Of course, given that very few people seem to plan on entering, I can't speak for legogod as to whether he will opt for some form of deadline extension. My impression from reading the posts here is that most members with aborted entries never began production (didn't get far into it, anyway), as opposed to having begun filming on large scale films and failed to finish on time. It may be necessary (again, legogod's call, not mine), but it isn't desirable to extend a contest's deadline due to mass procrastination.

I was trying to enter but then my Camera just failed, as mentioned before. However I will try and make up entry into a one video film and publish it as soon as I am done. Just can't make the contest that's all.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

“I'd love to be able to enter, and extending (the deadline) may entice others to do so as well.”

My original intent with the contest was to give animators a chance to make a winning entry. Stop-motion is one of the hobbies that takes vast amounts of time and I hoped to encourage people to make movies with a longer entry period. There are contests that see what you can make in 24 hours, a week or a month (sometimes two or three). Now- I have followed each contest thread until the end – people complain about the time issue, not having enough of it or unforeseen issues: Computer is fried, schoolwork is heavy, ordered camera is stuck in the mail, Lego collection is not big enough. Now I am beginning to believe no matter what the time limit there will always be those who have problems or just are not interested in making something with restrictions.

The contest was announced in May, before school ended and runs through a couple of holidays where the weekends would be a bit longer. For those who wished to enter there was plenty of time to schedule what needed to be done. With that said there will be no extensions past the original date. What Squash said rings true especially: “it isn't desirable to extend a contest's deadline due to mass procrastination.”

Have fun.
Jared

Whew! I just finished and submitted my entry! I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else makes. This is going to be a very interesting contest!

Mustache Maniacs Film Co.: Films you will go 'crazy' over! https://andrewberm.wixsite.com/mustachemaniacs

Mustache Maniacs wrote:

Whew! I just finished and submitted my entry! I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else makes. This is going to be a very interesting contest!

Yah! I feel the same way!!

Good luck!

--Sandwïch, sir?--

YoutubeChannel      Facebook Page

Alright. I uploaded my entry and sent it to legogod. Good luck to any last minute entrants!

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.