Topic: Apocalypse Episode 1

Directory Link

Apocalypse Episode 1

S01E01 - The Pilot

Not much plot, I'm aware of it, but I just wanted to introduce the peeps with the post-apocalyptic world itself. There will be more plot in the future episodes mini/smile

Re: Apocalypse Episode 1

Nice mini/smile

Good cinematography, but the problem is that the plot is pretty unoriginal...

You can improve the animation, too.

-Concept: 2.5/10
   -Cinematography: 7/10
   -Sound: 6/10
   -Voice acting: 7/10
   -Animation: 5/10
   -Effects: 5/10
   -Music: 6/10
   -Sets: 6.5/10

→OVERALL: 5.5/10

Last edited by Loïc F-B (May 2, 2012 (09:41am))

I sort of expected it to be longer, but since it's a series I really don't mind. Although the animation could be a little more smooth, the cinematography is quite good, and makes the film rather compelling; you did a very good job conveying the emotion of the landscape. mini/smile

Nice start to the series.
I liked it.

Pretty good. Though the animation did get a bit jerky at some parts (mostly at the beginning, after that it smoothed out.)

Overall, not bad.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Thanks guys! The making of this was pretty tough. I made a 2-minute episode with some dialogues and stuff but then I've decided I didn't like the way it was going so I decided to re-make everything from scratch and so on and on mini/bigsmile it was a very tough one to make. Hopefully episode 2 will be easier and more smooth in animation!

I like the concept, and the effects were great! mini/smile
The only thing i didn't like was the animation, it was a bit choppy at some parts. It wasn't really much of it either.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Not bad man. I love post apocalyptic stuff, even if the idea isn't too original. I agree with what people are saying about animation, so I won't repeat it. One other thing I thought was lacking was the sound design. I felt like some of the sound editing was pretty sloppy. Some of it seemed distorted or too loud, and other parts could have just been more interesting. But otherwise, cool deal you got and I look forward to the future episodes!

Thanks Olson, I appreciate it.

I've decided to take a break from these series for at least a few weeks. Gonna make two unrelated videos for my subscribers and then I'll get back on Episode 2!

I like it 4/5.

Yay! Thank you very much Stephen!!!!

Please keep this going! Looks great so far and you can tell all the time and effort you've put into it. Well done!

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

Thanks ShutterBroke! It really did take a lot of time to make but I'm happy that people say it's worth continuing! I will definitely make episode 2 as well as 3 and 4. The series will have at least 3 more episodes mini/wink and I most definitely will focus on animation more than I did when making the pilot.