Re: Bugs / Suggestions

When I use Internet Explorer 7 to visit BIM, the bar at the top with "Chat" and "Private Messages" and that does not come up. Only in Firefox.

Last edited by ryancd774 (February 2, 2009 (04:35pm))

Shale wrote:

So, like, I was typing 'bricks in motion' in Google, and brickfilms.com came up as the first result.

Now that's disturbing. I wish there was something we could do to bump them down further on the Google list.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

I can't change my avatar. I update my profile with the new avatar location in the browse bar, and then my "new" avatar is the same as my old one, with the same size as the new one. Help?

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to have worked

Last edited by Nailer (February 3, 2009 (11:52am))

Yeah you just needed to refresh your cache.

Well, on a different note, I have been doing some tests for an intro video for the site.  A lot of newcomers seem to post threads right away when there already are appropriate threads, and I thought a little video to show them what's what and answer the basic questions that they have (webcams, software, etc.) would be useful.  So this is what I whipped up (the program had a 5-minute cutoff) in my real voice (gasp) just as a test.  It has been pointed out to me that the stuff I covered was even more basic thatn would be needed, so I have decided for future tests to omit what I have talked about here.  Linky  Let me know if you think this would be useful, and if you do, tell me what else I could cover in a short vid.  Also, keep in mind this was recorded with my crappy Macbook mic, and I would use my hi-quality Blue Snowball for the future recordings.

Cheers.

Last edited by Cheshire (February 7, 2009 (05:10pm))

When you type bricks in motion this site comes up first now.

Shiver me timbers, it does.
I'd really like to see an update on the site....

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

A small complaint. You can't access the chat from the home page.

Seeing as how no one replied to my last post up there, I thought I'd slightly bump it and show another test of an intro vid.  I ran out of time, so I got super rushed at the end, but future intro vids would have a script and a better capture program.  Check it out here.  Hopefully it would have updated by the time you click the link, but if not, just check out my previous one.  Advice, approval, or disappoval are all welcome.

Last edited by Cheshire (February 7, 2009 (05:10pm))

Has the private message thing broken? It used to to have a number next to it telling me how many messages are in my inbox, now it doesnt tell me.

I get the same problem.

_2014

That's been bugging me too.(no pun intended)missed a good few pms.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Same here. I just found out I had three new PMs.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

About the PMs, it appears that the problem is back.  There are no numbers next to messages when I have PMs, which I discovered I had 3 of today.

Regarding navigation, where it says "Forums - Bricks in Motion » Updates & Feedback » Bugs / Suggestions" (as an example) the "-" in between "Forums" and "Bricks in Motion" is driving me crazy I keep clicking on "Bricks in Motion" not reading it just seeing that it's separated from Forums and therefor must be what I want to click on.
Could we make say something like "Bricks in Motion Forums" or maybe just "Forums"?

Last edited by Sprinkles (March 2, 2009 (05:50pm))

Yeah, put it back to just "Forums". I click on "Bricks In Motion" out of habit because the link to the subforum used to be there.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Also on the main forum, can you put the post dates back on ?

I've gotten used to how "Forums - Bricks In Motion" is now, but I had the same problem when it was first changed.

Last edited by Penta (March 3, 2009 (12:39pm))

I can't upload an avatar mini/sad

What file type is it and how big is the file?

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png