Topic: MiniDV Cameras

I am not really sure on what I should pick-The Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 or A Good High Quality MiniDV camera.
MindGame suggested that I use the Quickcam Pro 9000,because he said its great for beginners and I think I should follow his advice personally.
But on the other hand,MiniDV cameras are great for distant shots and are pretty average quality.I really don't know... I need suggestions.

Thanks,
-Blade

"If a picture is worth 1000 words then Stop Motion is truly a big piece of art"]
Visit Me On My Youtube Channel!]
Visit My Website!
Go Here: www.lenexstudios.webs.com

Re: MiniDV Cameras

9000- wait. You have an iMac??? 9000 isn't compatible with mac.

Aaron wrote:

9000- wait. You have an iMac??? 9000 isn't compatible with mac.

Awww you kidding me?
Dang I guess my only option now is the MiniDV huh?

"If a picture is worth 1000 words then Stop Motion is truly a big piece of art"]
Visit My Website!

I didn't know that you ran on Mac. I think the QuickCam 9000 has worked on Macs in the past (ask Dewfilms), but I know there are common compatibility problems with it.

I don't think MiniDVs are your only option now, though I will say that I really like working with them. (I've never used the Macintosh platform to capture frames, for the record. Even after I got my Macbook Pro, I still use MonkeyJam on PC for frame capture).

MindGame wrote:

I didn't know that you ran on Mac. I think the QuickCam 9000 has worked on Macs in the past (ask Dewfilms), but I know there are common compatibility problems with it.

I don't think MiniDVs are your only option now, though I will say that I really like working with them. (I've never used the Macintosh platform to capture frames, for the record. Even after I got my Macbook Pro, I still use MonkeyJam on PC for frame capture).

Yeah your right,although the key features of the MiniDV are pretty great like you said I might still have an option.
I am thinking of running BootCamp so I can use MonkeyJam, AnimatorDV and the whole nine. Aside from this topic I had Photoshop before on my past PC but when I found out that you could enter the serial # only once that was the downside of switching to a Mac.
But yeah I think that I am going the MiniDV way dunno why though I just think that personally they are overall great cameras and since you have been using MiniDV cameras for a while now,I shall follow your footsteps mini/wink
Thanks Zach,

-Blade

Visit My Website!

MindGame wrote:

I don't think MiniDVs are your only option now.

Believe me. It's his only option. mini/blankexpression

I suggest it though actually. The only thing is if you are going to pick out a MiniDV camera, make sure it has Manual Focus. My last one did not and that was a bit of a hassle for me for a while.:P

filmyguy wrote:
MindGame wrote:

I suggest it though actually. The only thing is if you are going to pick out a MiniDV camera, make sure it has Manual Focus. My last one did not and that was a bit of a hassle for me for a while.:P

I am thinking of a Panasonic PV-GS80 or something like that I believe that camera has manual focus.

-Blade

Visit My Website!

BladedPhoenix wrote:
filmyguy wrote:
MindGame wrote:

I am thinking of a Panasonic PV-GS80 or something like that I believe that camera has manual focus.

-Blade

Looks good. Searched it on Google. Just use a firewire cable to attach it to your computer and it should be good. iStopmotion works great for image capturing, though sadly it's not free, but it isn't that much at all. I recommend using that. mini/smile

Put it this way, if I could afford a minidv, I would get one. But I'm not a beginner so its your choice.

rsteenoven wrote:

Put it this way, if I could afford a minidv, I would get one. But I'm not a beginner so its your choice.

I am not really a beginner either but I have been brickfilming for almost a year now but I guess I should get a MiniDV.

Visit My Website!