Topic: I need help with my computer! Please!

OK i need somehelp with my computer if you don't mind!  It keeps shutting off when ever i turn it on!  Does anyone know whats wrong or how i can fix it?  Also before you ask, the fan is running obnoxiously loud, is the computer overheated or what?  All help would be appriciated.  Thanks!

User formerly known as "LEGO"

Re: I need help with my computer! Please!

Sounds like your computer is either overheating or the power supply is nackered. Most likely to be the power supply. Is your power supply cable in properly? Try taking it out. blowing inside the socket then put it back in.

Maybe your computer needs a clean, might be filled with dust.

If one of the fans is really loud it means its either working too hard or its just a loud fan.

Might need a new heatsink.

Might need more air flow in your case.

My bets are on power supply.

rsteenoven wrote:

Sounds like your computer is either overheating or the power supply is nackered. Most likely to be the power supply. Is your power supply cable in properly? Try taking it out. blowing inside the socket then put it back in.

Maybe your computer needs a clean, might be filled with dust.

If one of the fans is really loud it means its either working too hard or its just a loud fan.

Might need a new heatsink.

Might need more air flow in your case.

My bets are on power supply.

Thanks!  But some of that i dont really know what you mean.  Can you please explain?

I tried unplugging everything and plugging it back in.  After i plugged something in to a socket i saw a flash of electrcity, is that bad?

Maybe should have switched off the power first? dont wanna kill you....

rsteenoven wrote:

Maybe should have switched off the power first? dont wanna kill you....

it was off...i think..........lol.  So how would i fix the power problem?

When it starts up it says "sorry for the inconveinence, but windows was unable to start properly.....ect"  what does that mean?  is it a problem with the computer?

Last edited by Gree (March 14, 2009 (11:19am))

I have no idea to be honest, do you get any error messages or anything?

rsteenoven wrote:

I have no idea to be honest, do you get any error messages or anything?

well its just like, "it may be due to recent hardware or software"  do you think i neeed a new PC?

You may have corrupted some of the drivers or something.

rsteenoven wrote:

You may have corrupted some of the drivers or something.

how do you fix that?

I have never seen that kind of error before, probably fake, so I believe you got a virus.

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

NOstudios wrote:

I have never seen that kind of error before, probably fake, so I believe you got a virus.

Ok, how do you get rid of a virus?

download a virus protection software, I'm sorry but most virus protection software costs money. mini/sad

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

NOstudios wrote:

I'm sorry, you've been working in IT for how long? mini/wink

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Thats not a fake error.

NOstudios wrote:

download a virus protection software, I'm sorry but most virus protection software costs money. mini/sad

but my computer wont start up!  I am typing from a differnt one!

Do you have anything on the computer that is needed? If not then you can just put your XP disk in from startup then wipe your comp.

rsteenoven wrote:

Do you have anything on the computer that is needed? If not then you can just put your XP disk in from startup then wipe your comp.

well i have itunes and a bunch of software i paid alot of money for!

Look and see if there is much dust collected in your fan. If there is, the computer may be overheating because of that and giving an error. Did you do any recent changes in hardware, or update any drivers. Also, is the error on a blue screen?

Squash wrote:

Look and see if there is much dust collected in your fan. If there is, the computer may be overheating because of that and giving an error. Did you do any recent changes in hardware, or update any drivers. Also, is the error on a blue screen?

Ok ill look at the fan, i didnt do any changes that i know of, i have windows updates atomatically if that helps, i was on youtube and it just shut down, then i kept turning it on and it would say "Windows was unable to start succsessfully" then it shuts off, is says that on a black screen.