Re: Lego set You Want

If they weren't bringing out LEGO Justice League sets next year, I would be saving for that (and indeed buying one). I saw the pics on BZPower, and it looks epic. My only problem with the modular buildings is that they feel a bit useless for animation unless you have three or four of them to complete a street, and in my current situation I could barely afford one. Maybe if I had another semi-viral hit like my GL video 4 years ago then I could afford to do that (though that's like 150% unlikely).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I do have quite a few modular buildings, but I haven't ever used them in an animation (I really should).  The thing is, they have so many wonderful parts, but I don't really want to take them apart since they're really collector's items (and they just look so beautiful).  Plus their use is a bit limited in terms of brickfilming.  And there's so many smaller really awesome LEGO sets that have just come out, so I feel like I should be investing in those and getting more mileage and new bricks out of them--especially if they contain rare minifigs/elements that I could sell for a profit after they're discontinued (such as Super Heroes, Star Wars, etc.).  Ah, decisions, decisions...

Still, I have saved up a good amount of money, plus Christmas is coming up, so I might just be able to afford it.  Maybe.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

I do have quite a few modular buildings, but I haven't ever used them in an animation (I really should).

You totally should, it'd look sick!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

FlyingMinifig wrote:

And there's so many smaller really awesome LEGO sets that have just come out, so I feel like I should be investing in those and getting more mileage and new bricks out of them

This is just the way I feel. I got the Destiny's Bounty last year for 20 dollars, and the Mini Cooper this year in a contest, but I don't enjoy them because they are large sets and I hate to take them apart to sort the bricks. I like getting smaller sets so I don't feel so guilty for taking them apart and sorting the bricks out.

I never knew this topic was here, so while I'm here, I may as well be on-topic:

A set I want is the Exo Suit. I have one coming in the mail from the LEGO Headquarters in Billund, Denmark, but it's taking so long to get here. And I am really looking forward to it...

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Gosh, where to begin?
As far as recent/present sets, there are a number of the Lego Friends sets that look like they have filming potential.
I'd like to go back and pick up some of the Friends sets that I've missed in the past few years.
But here's a few of the present ones...

41034 Summer Caravan (accessories, car, camper and a HEDGEHOG!)
41005 Heartlake High (I like the design of the building itself, but I mainly would need the lockers.)
41009 Andrea’s Bedroom (Recently retired set. But much needed for filming.)

Lego Movie Sets
70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace (Kinda on the fence about this one. Mainly for the Wyldstyle minifig & hoodie.)
70804 Ice Cream Machine (Ice cream truck needed for a future film project.)

Lego City
60057 Camper Van (For a future film project.)
4437 Police Pursuit (Not truly needed, but the truck would look nice in a film.)

Lego Marvel Sets
76019 Starblaster Showdown (Looks too fun to pass up. Unless a better/cheaper set with Starlord comes around.)

Lego Batman Sets
Too many to list…past & present. I've picked up a few of the present ones, but mainly need the minifigs & props.
I have a couple of just for fun Batman films in mind, but that would be in the future. (Hopefully?)

Older sets that would be nice to find...
-Wild West/Western sets
-Egyptian sets
-Paradisa
-Viking sets
-Agents
-Indiana Jones (Yeah, I'm an Indy nut.)

Edit….
Add various Dino/Dinosaur sets to the list. The Jurassic World trailer reminded me of how fun the Dinosaur sets are.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG