Topic: Brickworld Chicago Film Festival 2012 [CLOSED]

*DEADLINE extended to June 10th*

Hey there BiMers,

David Pagano and I are joining forces to host a Film Festival at Brickworld Chicago this year. We are limiting entries to people who are registered to the convention, but hopefully that includes a few people on this forum (Stevefrog, I'm looking at you), because we'd really like this festival to be a showcase for some great animations (though we're also opening it up to live action LEGO films).

If you've never been to a LEGO convention, I highly recommend it, there's nothing like spending a couple days with other fans. Brickworld Chicago is my favorite convention and there are usually several animators there (in addition to David, myself, and Stevefrog, last year YouTubers CarrollFilms, rifraf, and TLFScarheart were there). Anyway, enough plugging for Brickworld, here are the rules:

• You must be a Brickworld Full Registrant to enter.

• Your film must be longer than 15 seconds and shorter than 5 minutes in length.

• Your film should use LEGO elements to tell a story. It can be animated or live action, or a combination of the two.

• Your film must not contain any copyrighted audio. Incompetech is a great source for royalty-free music.

• Your film must be uploaded to YouTube.

• To submit, send a YouTube message to user "brickworldvideos" with the following information:
       -Your Full Name
       -Your Age
       -A link to your film

• Films should be enjoyable by all ages. Curse words, excessive violence, sexual content, and drug use will be grounds for disqualification.

• Prize categories TBD.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing your submissions!  DEADLINE FOR ENTRY is June 10th. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by fallentomato (June 13, 2012 (08:12pm))

Re: Brickworld Chicago Film Festival 2012 [CLOSED]

Make's me wish i could go mini/sad  hopefully you guy's keep doing this for the next couple years, sent's i really want to go.

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

Curse the distance between California and Chicago! mini/tongue

I might be able to go. How do I register?

click on the link to the brickworld site and go to registration.

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

Whats the difference between full registration, all access registration, and public day access?

Hmm. July 13-17. Well Chicago is pretty close to where I live but I'm not sure if I'll be free those days. I'd really like to enter and go to the festvival, but I'm so far not sure if I have time those days; once I'll find out I'll make sure to tell you.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

What is your definition of "excessive"?

"I imagine Brickfilming as an endless sea, the ideas float. If they are forgotten, they sink to the deepest part of the sea"
- Troodon
"I'm so used to live action I hadn't thought about the idea of feeding directly to a computer haha"
- Philip 'I own the largest Stop Motion Website' Hienrich

It's at these times I love living by the Windy City.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

GluglusStudios wrote:

What is your definition of "excessive"?

"Lego Black Ops" would be the prime example of excessive violence. We want videos that are fun for all ages.

I'm defiantly thinking of going.  I'm about a days road trip away from Chicago, and I defiantly want to meet up with some fellow brickfilmers.  So, you can probably count me in!

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Binding Brick wrote:

I'm defiantly thinking of going.  I'm about a days road trip away from Chicago, and I defiantly want to meet up with some fellow brickfilmers.  So, you can probably count me in!

Cool! mini/bigsmile

Dang it, I live in Norway...

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Google Maps wrote:

Distance between you and Chicago: 300 miles. 5 hours and 45 minutes.

Well, seeing as how I have been making several pilgrimages to various LEGO Kidsfest's in my area (LEGO seems to love the Midwest) I might just be able to convince my dad to take me to one last one. This seems like an interesting contest! Plus it would be cool to meet you and other brickfilmers!

Also, fallentomato, I was wondering. Is there a maximum number of films that can be submitted? As in, after a certain number of films are submitted, no more entries will be allowed.

Last edited by Sonjira (March 17, 2012 (05:18pm))

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Sonjira wrote:
Google Maps wrote:

Distance between you and Chicago: 300 miles. 5 hours and 45 minutes.

Well, seeing as how I have been making several pilgrimages to various LEGO Kidsfest's in my area (LEGO seems to love the Midwest) I might just be able to convince my dad to take me to one last one. This seems like an interesting contest! Plus it would be cool to meet you and other brickfilmers!

Also, fallentomato, I was wondering. Is there a maximum number of films that can be submitted? As in, after a certain number of films are submitted, no more entries will be allowed.

What part of the mid-west are you?

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Sonjira wrote:

We hadn't come up with a limit on entries. I think to be fair only one of your films can win even if you submit multiple, so I'd limit it to your very best stuff.

I keep meaning to go to this. But I don't think I'll be able to this summer.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

I keep meaning to go to this. But I don't think I'll be able to this summer.

There's always next year mini/smile It'd be great to meet you in person someday

Any requirements for the plot?

That's funny! I actually went to this thing years ago, before I had any interest in brickfilming. I wonder if I actually met you or Pagano without knowing it. Fallentomato, what years were you there? I remember the first time I heard about this site was when a guy was standing by a brickfilm booth, where a TV displaying "The Magic Portal" was right there. I asked the guy about brickfilming, and he told me about this site.

I may submit an entry, but since this thing is over the summer, I probably won't be able to go. My summer's really busy, haha. Sucks though, since it's a great contest, and it's really close to me.

Last edited by SpaceGorilla (March 24, 2012 (04:20pm))

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors