Topic: The Chest

Directory Link

The Chest

YouTube

A Lego minifigure approaches a mysterious chest. This is an animation from back at the beginning of the year that I never submitted to the film directory, so I thought I would. Not my best work, but I thought some may enjoy the ending. mini/smile Some of my subscribers probably have already seen this.

Last edited by Repelling Spider (February 25, 2012 (06:09pm))

Re: The Chest

While it isn't your best animation, it was still entertaining.

Something seemed off on the sound though, but it may just be my earbuds.
(With no music, there was silence, then a sound that seemed like it was too...grating, out-of-place, and like my sound was turned up too high, even though it wasn't. I even turned my sound really low, and the effect was the same.) A few, quiet ambient noises, or preferably some music would have solved that.

The animation wasn't the best that I've seen, sometimes it looked like you bumped the figure, then tried to cover it up. It was also a little fast at times, as well as the arms swinging too much for just a walk cycle.

BUT, you have improved a lot since then, so don't think I'm all negative. mini/wink The idea was small, but the film ended too soon. I wanna know what happens next! You're getting good, and I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Thanks, and yeah I was using my computers microphone for those sounds so they are not very good at all. Their low quality wasn't as noticeable on my computer though, so thank you for telling me that about yours!

this was the first animation of yours that i have seen, and you left a good first impression! it was too detailed or exotic, but not all animations have to be that way, and thats why i gave your video five blocks mini/smilemini/delirium

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8126/8661220412_23715fc4ed_m.jpg

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it! mini/smile

Well done, the animation was smooth, and the quality was great! The T2i really takes good frames. mini/smile The main thing I noticed was a few audio problems, noticed a few times the sound overmodulated when you blew into the mic. Great work.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

RedBrick1 wrote:

Well done, the animation was smooth, and the quality was great! The T2i really takes good frames. mini/smile The main thing I noticed was a few audio problems, noticed a few times the sound overmodulated when you blew into the mic. Great work.

That it does! And yes, the mic I was using for this was not that great and I didn't (and still don't) know a lot about recording audio. Still in the process of learning the ins and outs of everything. mini/smile Thanks!

I loved it! The only issue was that the animation was a bit scratchy, but considering you're a lot better now, it's not much of a problem anymore. Looking forward to new animations by you!

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

Thanks so much! Hoping to release a new video soon as I'm about to finish an 8-week course and I'll have a smaller workload. I'm planning on making videos every other week from now on.