Topic: Sorting Minifigure pieces

Recently I havebeen sorting my minifigs by just the people themselves.But would it be a good idea to sort them by minifigure pieces as in like sort them by heads legs and torso. which do you think is better.
Please give feedback. I love it! mini/delirium

~Hal

Re: Sorting Minifigure pieces

Personally the decision is entirely up to your preference, but generally I sort them in 'Heads, Hairs/Hats, and Bodies & Legs'. Although if you have the room I'd advice splitting bodies and legs into two separate groups.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I like to sort them by piece, it is a lot better when making custom minifigs. To sort them I like to keep them in clear plastic bags so I can see them better. mini/wink

Yes, sort the pieces seperately.  What I do is stack the minifig heads on baseplates in columns so I can see the face printing.  Each column has a facial feature in common (i.e. glasses, beard, ect.).  I have 3 head plates; yellow skin/eyes with pupils, pale skin/eyes with pupils, and dot eyes+other oudated eyes (half yellow, half pale).  I pair the torsos with legs and put those on baseplates.  Any leftover legs and torsos I have too many of go in bins.  All headgear gets put in bins.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Since i have so many minifig pieces (smugface) i sort them in different categories, IE Torsos are sorted in: Suits, Civil Services (Police, doctors and firemen), engineer people (Train people etc.), Military and Miscellenous. For Faces i have 3 boxes, 2 for yellow heads and one for other heads.  BTW all of this is sorted in one of those shelf-things carpenters use to keep screws and such in.

Ohhh! I slapped my leg but it's actually my balls!- Hal.

Yes sort your minifigs. I sort my minifigs in heads, torsos, arms, hands, and lags( but I sometimes separate the lags from that middle piece).

coolmanfilm199 wrote:

Yes sort your minifigs. I sort my minifigs in heads, torsos, arms, hands, and lags( but I sometimes separate the lags from that middle piece).

I have a question if you take the arms and legs off the figures repetitively does that lead to them being very loose?
I guess you  could call me a wimp but every time I take an arm of a torso I feel like I'm permanently damaging the lego.

on topic, i sort my figures by head torso and legs. I have started to take head that I think are either really cool or i use alot out from the rest of the heads should I do that with my other boy parts?

Coyote Creek Films wrote:

...every time I take an arm of a torso I feel like I'm permanently damaging the lego.

Actually you are. My brother switches out the arms all the time, and after a while (a long-ish while) the arms get loose and sometimes (very rarely) either the arms or torsos break. The hands also get loose if you repeatedly take them out/put them in, and the end of the arms also (sometimes) crack after a while.
I would highly advise not taking the arms and hands out.

coolmanfilm199 wrote:

I have a question if you take the arms and legs off the figures repetitively does that lead to them being very loose?
I guess you  could call me a wimp but every time I take an arm of a torso I feel like I'm permanently damaging the lego.

Yes, it does loosen it a bit.  It could break, but that's only if you put a lot of pressure on it or take the arm/leg off and put it on frequently.

I seperate those pieces only when it's really neccesary.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

coolmanfilm199 wrote:

on topic, i sort my figures by head torso and legs. I have started to take head that I think are either really cool or i use alot out from the rest of the heads should I do that with my other boy parts?

It sort of makes them loose, but they still work fine mini/smile

I sort by headwear, heads, torsos and legs in drawers.

http://www.youtube.com/user/skateboardcrazy2
The Youtube channel of god
fyi: I am now known as Fat Cat Films on youtube. Formerly DDProductions