Topic: Animation a Week?

So, I think I'm going to try to do an animation a week.

Short, 30 second jobs. To get me back into animating again.  I've been putting it off for too long, and I figured, "Let's just get one out there" and get back to practicing my skills.

I know that Chris is doing that (I don't know his username) any one else doing this?

Re: Animation a Week?

No, I've been constantly animating. Good Luck!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I gave up brickfilming in September 2008, but I've decided to go back to my big project. Currently doing last minute pre production, and might need one voice actor, who I know in real life, since it's easier to get the type of lines I want that way.

Oh, you gave up animating in general? Or brickfilming?

That's great. I've been missing your animation. It's so good to see you back on track! I can't wait to see what's next!

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Errol wrote:

Oh, you gave up animating in general? Or brickfilming?

Just brickfilming. I said I'd animate again, but I never got around to it. So I suppose I did give it all up yeah.

Sounds like a plan. When are you going to do it, and for how long? I might try it out as well.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Littlebrick wrote:

Sounds like a plan. When are you going to do it, and for how long? I might try it out as well.

Well, I've already started and posted it on youtube.

How long?  Until I run out of energy or my wife throws me out of the house. mini/bigsmile

Errol wrote:

How long?  Until I run out of energy or my wife throws me out of the house. mini/bigsmile

Now that is going to be a battle that will last for a long time.

What kind of brickfilms are they going to be? Short one joke films, short fight films, long bad films, etc?

Need something new to do now that FAWM is over, eh Errol?

People won't be people when they hear this sound.

What is the youtube account that will have these animations on it?

@Bertl - It will be a combination of short one bad joke films and a little bit of minor violence to get me used to animating again. I also post some stats on how long it took me to do. It takes me a bit of time, so I can't do anything long in a week (because I have other responsibilities like making excuses why the kids aren't fed again)

@Ænima - Yes. Yes I do. I can't believe how intense FAWM was. mini/bigsmile

@Olsonstudios - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHydzbaWRI

I try not to spam, tooo much. mini/bigsmile

Errol wrote:

I know that Chris is doing that (I don't know his username) any one else doing this?

That would be me. The thing I'm doing with KG isn't formally defined as a weekly thing but it seems to be working out that way. Once we're bored of Dane Cook, I have an idea for another series that may or may not work as a weekly thing.

Last edited by 0ldScratch (March 8, 2009 (02:41am))

I wish I had the spare time to do a short animation per week. Ah well, maybe after I get my diploma...

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Oh, I rarely have spare time. But I'm doing it anyway. mini/bigsmile  The last one took me about 6 hours. So I need to find a way to carve 6 hours or less out of my week. mini/bigsmile  Sleep usually suffers..

This sounds like Blunty's 7/7 project, except you'll have put way more effort into the films.  I'm extremely excited!

-Dave

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/quakefilms/myspace/Brickfilms/whitewallssig.jpg

Yes, I remember Blunty's 7/7 project. The thought came to mind, and I wouldn't be able to spit one out every night. mini/smile

Huzzah!  I actually got a second one out!  mini/bigsmile

Blog: http://creativegeeks.ning.com/profiles/ … ion-a-week

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vrq07aovcE

My light flickering is getting worse. Bother!  It never used to flicker this much before. *sigh*  I think I have to fool around with the settings more.  Any tips from you guys?

Stop Motion Pro v5
Quickcam 4000 Pro

mini/bigsmile

Hey, did they do embedding on this thing?  Let me check:
Edit: no.  Oh well.

Last edited by Errol (March 14, 2009 (08:09pm))

I love you, Errol. The facepalm in part 1 and the dancing in part 2 is great. Especially Maggie punching/hitting Manny at the end in both parts.

Thanks, Bertl, I love you too!  mini/bigsmile  And I tried to comment on your youtube profile, but I think you took that off.

Btw, I finally got #3 up, it's short. But life's busy...  And I think I fixed my light flickering problem.  Huzzah!