Topic: Well I was going to do some animating today

For the first time this year I have actually sat down with the time and inclination to do some animating and neither AnimatorDV Simple+ or Helium Frog want to work. Both keep freezing on me. Arrggggggg

Re: Well I was going to do some animating today

Weird, because I had a similar problem with SMP4 when I started up animating again this year. I tracked the problem down to a change in HDD a while before Christmas - SMP was looking for recently used files and folders that weren't there anymore. I had to dig around for configuration settings in the registry before I could get going again.

I think I have a flaky memory chip. My system is very slow at present. But I have scanned for virus and adware with a clean result. And my HD is defragged. A meter running on my windows sidebar puts my memory usage at about 80% and it is the problem. So I better go and buy some more memory. mini/sad

No it isn't memory, when I start Animator DV or Helium Frog, both programs lock up when it comes to frame capture. However when these programs freeze, I can still open other applications and they work fine. It must be something to do with the QCP9K software.

Can you use the bundled Logitech software (I'm assuming it comes with some)? If that locks up as well, you could well have your answer.

Tried downloading the latest drivers?

Two things resolved the issue. Downloaded and installed Animator DV Simple + again and downloaded the latest update for the QCP9K. Then I also had to drop the resolution from the 1600 x 1200 down to 800 x 600. Now everything works. It would appear that it doesn't like capturing frames at the highest frame resolution. So no High Def for me then mini/sad