Topic: Brickfilming is an obligation???

Sometimes, well, most of the time, I feel like I do not actually want to animate a brickfilm, but I do it to preserve my channel and my "skills mini/sweat " I had momentum and dozens of ideas when I first started out, but along the way, things started to change, and I no longer wanted to brickfilm. mini/no  The only reason why I continue to Brick-film is because that's all I have; Take that away from me, and I'm nothing. mini/sad

I know that there are others here that feel the same way, Do you? mini/confused

Re: Brickfilming is an obligation???

TheBrianMastermind wrote:

The only reason why I continue to Brick-film is because that's all I have; Take that away from me, and I'm nothing.

You're a sad, strange little man.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

It gets better.

http://mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw1982-5326_-_applejack_apple_bloom_photoshop_realistic.png

TheBrianMastermind wrote:

I know that there are others here that feel the same way, Do you? mini/confused

Nope.  Don't beat yourself up so much man.

If you're not enjoying brickfilming, take a break. Refocus, examine your priorities. The beginning of the year is a natural point to do this anyhow. mini/smile

I kinda feel the same way, I'm out of motivation. Take a break, things'll get better. mini/smile

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Thanks for the advice!

Sometimes I get burnt out after animating for a while. Sometimes I just take a break, and come back to it later. Also, I imagine all of the views coming in after I upload it to YT. mini/smile

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

I certainly feel like my life's being constantly absorbed more and more in brickfilming. I find my priorities changed because of it, and I feel extremely unproductive if I spend a lot of time not doing it. But I enjoy it very much.
mini/smile

Sometimes though, I just let go and do other stuff. I actually went through Summer's entirety without playing a single video game, believe it or not, just because I was so intent on my artistic endeavors. But in the Fall, I just decided to have some fun and try Minecraft along with some other stuff.

But I do feel obligated, very much so. Without Brickfilming, I can't do anything else nearly as well, and entertaining people gives me a very specific delightful feeling inside.

LOL I remember last summer I was planning to brickfilm every single day but it was so hot that I spent it chillin' with friends and watching movies on my sofa mini/bigsmile

Sometimes I do feel exhausted physically after brickfilming and spending hours to edit the footage and I do get the feeling you have at those times. The best solution for you is to chill out and wait for the inspiration mini/wink

Last edited by Leo's World (January 3, 2012 (05:05pm))

Sometimes, I feel like brickfilming, but I already have a full schedule (i.e homework, family time). But, whenever I do have time, I don't feel like it (i.e watching YouTube, playing on the Wii). I just have to feel up to it to do it.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Brickfilming became an obligation for me, so I stopped doing it.

No-one's forcing you.

I know how you feel.  I'm almost finished a project that's taken me nearly 3 months to do and I'll be taking a few months off before my next project as there's nothing left in the tank.  I don't think people realise how draining brickfilming can be. 

A break would probably do you the world of good.

Tell me about it. Just spent 5 days in a row working on an action sequence for my "Jesus - The Zombie Hunter" Easter special and all I can say is that I'm completely exhausted. Towards the end of the sequence I can even see that I didn't give my best in terms of animation but I just don't have the energy to re-do the end.

Don't worry man, I felt like this for awhile too. So I took a yearlong break. And now I feel like I have the motivation that I had when I first started brickfilming.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

It seems to be becoming one for me. I keep having to push myself to get more progress on Meat Quest done, not because I want to, but because it's been so long since I said I'd make it and I feel that it wouldn't be right to leave it unfinished.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Never push yourself, if you don't want to make the brickfilm then you don't want to. If the brickfilmer WANTS to make the film, the film will prodably be better than if he pushed himself to do it.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

LarryStudios wrote:

Tell me about it. Just spent 5 days in a row working on an action sequence for my "Jesus - The Zombie Hunter" Easter special and all I can say is that I'm completely exhausted. Towards the end of the sequence I can even see that I didn't give my best in terms of animation but I just don't have the energy to re-do the end.

Yep I know how you feel there.  Interesting piece you're working on there..!