Topic: Microphone

Hi! I recently bought a Canon Rebel T3i DSLR and I've also been wanting to get a new mic. I noticed there was a mic input on the camera and I've never really gotten good audio quality on my films. I was wondering if it would be better to build a boom out of PVC pipe and plug it into my camera to record or have one of those mics that attach to people's shirts. If I was going down the boom route I was looking at the blue mics and noticed some of them had boom attacher thingys but most of them are USB and I don't have a laptop. I noticed that the yeti pro had analogue output but I didn't think that the XLR thingy would fit in my camera. Right now I've been having my actors record in post production but it is such a hassle. Any suggestions?

EDIT: After I posted this I saw that, just happening to check their page, film riot posted a DIY PVC boom... extremely freaky.
Also what do y'all think about shotgun mics. I saw on Filmriot's video that the output of it was XLR and was wondering if you needed a professional audio mixer for it. Idk please help.

Last edited by EpicDavi (December 29, 2011 (12:43am))

LINK!<--CLICKY!
MY AWESOME NEW MUSIC VIDEO!]
I like turles I mean Legos mini/shifty
Flickr | Youtube

Re: Microphone

... any suggestions?

LINK!<--CLICKY!
MY AWESOME NEW MUSIC VIDEO!]
I like turles I mean Legos mini/shifty
Flickr | Youtube

Re: Microphone

If youre just starting, a Rode Videomic Pro is excellent!

Ohhh! I slapped my leg but it's actually my balls!- Hal.