Topic: Avatar help

ok, so i was going to change my profile pic,but every time i try to upload it it just shows the my old avatar mini/rolleyes

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

Re: Avatar help

I had the same problem. The answer is to use the opposite type of image file that you used last time. for example if your old pic is a JPEG file then use a PNG file instead.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

FuntasticFilms wrote:

The answer is to use the opposite type of image file that you used last time. for example if your old pic is a JPEG file then use a PNG file instead.

No.

The problem is that your old picture is still cached in the browser. Restart the browser, and that should do it. If that doesn't work, clear the cache.

mcoov wrote:
FuntasticFilms wrote:

The answer is to use the opposite type of image file that you used last time. for example if your old pic is a JPEG file then use a PNG file instead.

No.

The problem is that your old picture is still cached in the browser. Restart the browser, and that should do it. If that doesn't work, clear the cache.

Hmm funny that's what always worked for me.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

It works because the file extension changes, so the browser recognizes that you want to display a different image. Mcoov is correct though, refresh and/or clear your cache to see the new avatar. Of course, everyone else will see your old avatar until they do the same. Most browsers do it fairly regularly by default.

FuntasticFilms wrote:

I had the same problem. The answer is to use the opposite type of image file that you used last time. for example if your old pic is a JPEG file then use a PNG file instead.

Thanks! i just opened  photoshop, then uploaded the ic i wanted then i just saved it under png mini/bigsmile

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

I just press f5 and refresh the page.