Re: Who has the most life-like animation?

Mindgame, Nosniborous, and Filmyguy.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Sméagol wrote:

I don't recall any minifig-based animation by David Pagano that really stood out, but his larger-scale animation work is really good.

What about the animation in his GO MINIMAN GO film? I thought that looked pretty snazzy. Plus, I think he animated a massive crowd of people in it.

Last edited by Danimation (March 1, 2009 (07:49pm))

Yes, I agree it was well animated although it didn't really stand out 'life-like.'

Last edited by VN (March 1, 2009 (07:59pm))

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

oh yeah.

KG is a great comedic animator, he also does great life-like animation too, same with Buxton. But Buxton I think is a little more life-like than KG. Of course Mindgame is incredible. He has extremely smooth animation, and that makes it look really life-like. I think MG is the best when it comes to life-like movements. Nathan Wells animates minifigs the way you would think minifigs would look like if they actually could move, that's why I think I like his animation so much. VN is amazing because of how quick he became such an incredible animator. He does really smooth animation, very similar to MG. Leonardo is also pretty good too, don't know why anybody hasn't mentioned him yet. I think his animation is pretty close to VN, actually.
David Pagano isn't as good as others when it comes to animating minifigs, but he's still an AMAZING animator.
Mah opinionz.

VN wrote:

Mindgame, Nosniborous, and Filmyguy.

mini/bigsmile

In my opinion, most animation now is pretty robotic looking. Ben Cowell's 1234 is more life-like to me than most.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

In regards to David Pagano not animating Minifigs much, I don't see how that's relevant. The thread is for lifelike animating, not just for lifelike minifigs.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Absolutely mindgame and Pagano... also Nosniborus...

I would have to say Mindgame, VN, Nathan Wells, and David Pagano. And I completely agree with Sean, David Pagano produces in my opinion, the most lifelike animation with his megafigs, they are absolutely incredible. And hopefully after my recent work, I'll be on this list too. mini/lol

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Nathan Wells is great and his film Beast has some very clever animation.

If you like dancing figs then check this out

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

Rsteenoven has awesome animation. Check out his free running video on YouTube.

Bodville has got the best minifig dance skillz.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Erm....VN, Mindgame, Filmy Guy....

Yeah, that about sums it up for me. Although I am in the procces of making a short brickfilm, that will hopefully change some of your minds mini/mrgreen ( The animation is turning out suburb )

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

VN, Filmyguy, Bodville, Littlebrick and Zach Macias, James Morr (KG), David Pagano and Robinson Wood.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Actually, I am trying to get on this list, even though I made it!:D

mintyfreshCOJO wrote:

Most of VN's new stuff is pretty freaking awesome, especially Moronic. And of course there is Mindgame, Nathan Wells, David Pagano, Buxton, KG etc. I'd also say Smeagol and NightOwl have some pretty awesome animation as well.

-MFcojo

I would agree with those, however, probably not Smeagol. No offense to Smeagol because I look up to him and his film making, actually Unrenewable is one of my favorite brickfilms ever. HOWEVER, I look up to him more in special effects ect. because, i feel some of his animation can actually be choppy in some parts like walk cycles and stuff.

Wow, sorry to bash you Smeagol I feel like a jerk now, but I REALLY like your films so don't take that wrong mini/smile
I'm trying to be constructive mini/lol

I really like some of Littlebricks recents tests a lot, there fab.

Last edited by Olsonstudios (March 4, 2009 (03:11pm))

Watch out Olson he might ban you mini/lol

My animation isn't that great.

Spiteyourface's animation is more cartoony. Not Life-like

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I agree Robinson has really good animation but hasn't made a film in a long time.

New films-
The New Neighbor
Solanum
Casting Call for Solanum started!